Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
With August waning, it’s time for me to look at my wildly flowering garden of goals, and do a bit of weeding and pruning, so I can nurture those that are healthiest. I’ll come back to some of the others, next month…
It’s also my eighteenth wedding anniversary, so I thought I’d share some celebratory images, and a poetic glimpse into our lives…
And now, a goals adjustment:
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 10 Update: New Moon Creative .
Second Serving Sunday: Eighteen Years (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 83,583/~150,000 words drafted. 200 new words; Scene 28/50 complete. Next up: Draft to 90,000 words.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3) by end of month, using Rock Your Plot.. begin drafting after FDWR, if there’s month left. Plotting completed. Next up: This is my November NaNo project.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”, Complete through S3E17 “Hatchery”. Next up: Finishing the season-long Xindi arc. Hey, it’s #writingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. A-E paragraphs completed; 5/26. Next up: F–Z.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. 16/16 scenes compiled! Next up: draft revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision. Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month‘s end. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3.Moving through the point-by-point re-envisioning. 8 points completed. Next up: Revision is moving along well, but not quickly. Changing goal to completing Exercises 2 and 3 this month.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions. Next up: On hold until September…
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates. Nothing for sponsor post. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. More comments; August caught up; July working backward to the 10th. Posting up to date. Next up: Keep going. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 1 /2. I lost track. It was one or two, so I’ll call it one. Next up: More!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. 1/3 – FB/Twitter links…Next up: More!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. Nothing. Next up: More.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 5/5;mellow due to heat wave and extra t’ai chi. Next up: Keep it up!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing new. Next up: Add three subcategories to each broad category.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Proofed Annalise’s ELA section. Next up: Proof and package end of year reporting; save IHIPs for September.
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files. Setting aside for Other Things.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits – this week!
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. . Next up: Send message regarding Beta One, which I couldn’t finish. Read Beta Two through.
- Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Meditation: 8/6; mandalas, t’ai chi. Techniques: 1 /2; eating meditation. Next up: Continue practice; delve the new.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Next up: Waiting for September.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Time with all, more planned. Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. 2/3 books read; 1/5 reviews complete. Nothing new. Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read Slave Again, by Alana Terry.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 7/6 days, 4/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi, playing ball, arts festival and garden visits. Next up: More!
- Practice: Attend two t‘ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. 6/5 at home practice sessions; 2 / 2 classes. Next up: Expand at-home practice.