Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
The forward progress continues, on several fronts. With next week the final week of Ready. Set. Write!, my focus, for the rest of the month, will be on wrapping up those goals – or, if not, coming as close as I can before the month ticks over, and we ROW into the final days of Round Three, here.
It’s also my anniversary week, so my mind is focused on connecting, remembering, planning, and dreaming. It’s been a mostly wonderful eighteen years – and, during the inevitable difficulties that come in any life, and any marriage, there’s no one I’d rather have at my side or my back…
OK, enough mushy stuff…on to the raison d’etre of the day…
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 10 Update: New Moon Creative
Second Serving Sunday: Forward Momentum (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 83,583/~150,000 words drafted. Nothing new. Next up: Draft to 90,000 words.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3) by end of month, using Rock Your Plot. begin drafting after FDWR, if there’s month left. Nothing new. Next up: Finish plotting scenes 11-24.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”. Complete through S3E15 “Harbinger”. Next up: Continuing the season-long Xindi arc. Hey, #itswritingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. A-E paragraphs completed; 5/26. Next up: F–Z paragraphs.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. Highlighted notes Cheat Sheets categorized and compiled; 4/16 scenes complete. Next up: Finish highlighting; draft revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision. http://www.sarahselecky.com/2013/deep-revision-part-2/ Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month‘s end. Nothing new. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions. Nothing yet. Next up: Reread previously revised scenes and revision plan/schedule to reorient myself.
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates. Nothing for Round Four yet. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. More comments; most of the August caught up; posting up to date. Next up: Keep going. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 1 /2 (many links shared to my FB writer page, with hashtags).. Next up: More!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. 1/3 – FB and Twitter links…Next up: More!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. Nothing new. Next up: More.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 2/5;mellow due to heat wave. Next up: Keep it up!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing new. Next up: Add three subcategories to each broad category.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Nothing new. Next up: Complete IHIPs, proof and package end of year reporting.
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files. Nothing. Next up: Something!
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits as soon as homeschool paperwork is drafted.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nada. Next up: the Obvious.
- Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Meditation: 3/6; mandalas, t’ai chi. Techniques: 1 /2; eating meditation. Next up: Continue practice; delve the new.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing. Next up: Anything, as to the purpose.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Time with all, more planned. Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. 2/3 books read; 1/5 reviews complete. Nothing new. Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read Slave Again, by Alana Terry.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 3/6 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi. Next up: More. It feels good to move!
- Practice: Attend two t‘ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. 3/5 at home practice sessions; 1 / 2 classes. Next up: get to par –on track for this week.