Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing.
This year, our RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, Katy Upperman and Elodie Nowodazkij. (For the detailed information about RSW, including the wonderful buttons created by the lovely Jaime, click here)
We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
Next week (8-24 – 8-31) wraps up Ready. Set. Write! 2015. I know – it just flew by! There’s going to be a virtual celebration – Manuscripts and Manicures. We’ll each be painting our nails in a way that reflects our current WiP, then posting a photo of our manicure creations. (OK, my 11 year old will be doing me up, because she’s fancy, and I’m, well….NOT!).
My Week Nine update: Scattered
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
- Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
With the new moon came an upswell of focus and creativity. I made progress on everything on my goals list, which hasn’t happened for at least a few weeks. There’s even quite a bit of blue down there!
More than that, though – it’s been a week of epiphanies and insights, many of them as yet invisible to the naked eye, and not appearing on this list. But they will, within the next week or two…so stay tuned!
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 87,500 words. Current total: 83,583/ 87,500. 3, 917 words short of goal. With all the progress in other areas, I’m happy with this.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Reread existing outline (through Scene 5), and finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot, through Scene 10.
- The IDIC Romance: Reread and import remaining 2015 stand-alone and arc stories stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. 10 stories added.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Complete highlighting detailed notes for setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. 16/16 completed.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3. Re-envisioned two more passages. This was set aside for other things most of the week.
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post missing Coffee and Conversation from last week and authorized reblog. 9/9 done! Plus the reblog and an extra post!
- Catch up all July and August blog comments and visits. Kept up more than moved ahead…lots of visits!
- Homeschool Administration: Draft Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Both fourth quarter reports drafted; Began exploring 6th grade standards.
- Complete stowing camping gear. DONE!!!
- Clean/tidy study – it’s gotten a bit scary in there… steps made most days. Looking better!
- Resume a more normal rhythm; pick time to go to State Museum with kids. Rhythm reestablished; discussions re: museum trip ongoing; will be a September weekday, after schools reopen, most likely. We like having the place to ourselves! =)
- Watch Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Three, through S3E5: “Impulse”. 5 episodes. Blissfully exceeded; 11/5, through S3E11: “Carpenter Street”.
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate six times. 7/6 for journals.9/6 for meditation; t’ai chi, mandalas, eating meditation.
- T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice. 4/5 at home;
Tuesday and Thursday classes; 2/2.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice! 1 /2 – a quick visit.
If T’Pol tells you to put out your cigarette, you might want to pay attention…even when time traveling, Vulcans don’t bluff (besides, she’s not exactly having a good day…and the lady has a temper…).
My goals for this week:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 90,000 words. Current total: 83,583/ 90,000. 6, 417 words to goal.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Break out highlighted notes by scene and topic; add to GMC outline to form rough revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3.
- The IDIC Romance: Draft exploratory summary paragraphs for Enterprise A-Z 2016 stories – letters A-E (16 paragraphs).
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post authorized reblog.
- Catch up all July and August blog comments and visits.
- Homeschool Administration: Proof quarterly reports; prepare end of year materials and submit to school district.
- Clean/tidy study.
- Clear round table; add tablecloth.
- Set up tentative plans for August/September outings and events. Take into account each child’s needs for social time and hibernation.
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate seven times. Do one eating meditation.
- T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice!
I told you she has a temper…more sometimes than others…
A favorite line (OK, passage) from my story:
She was trapped, captive, all will taken from her – by the very child she had raised, loved, longed to heal and protect. And because she had betrayed the Seers’ Way, Osiru must needs do his growing motherless, as Vaara had done.
Would Lyas be as a mother to him – more than only a Huntmother? Shentaa wanted that – and she did nay want it, in the same bloodpulse – except that she seemed to have no bloodpulse here, nor breath. Was she alive, or was this all a part of the Endhunt?
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Running out of week before the creative surge ended! Not a bad challenge to have, really… =D
Something I love about my WIP:
- As I enter the buildup to Act Three; it’s still surprising me with every writing session!
That’s it for me. Come back next Monday, August 3, to see how I’m doing. Join in or cheer us on! There’ll be Twitter parties (using the hashtag #RSWrite), giveaways and fun (I like fun!). And writing. Lots of that!
Okay, I’m going to indulge myself with some geeky delight here…you’re not obligated to watch, but it could be fun! =)