Round Three is all about reflection, for me:
where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be,
and who I’d like to be when I get there.
After the in-tent-sity of Unschoolers Rock the Campground (I’ve finally gotten all the camping gear stowed -OK, somewhat haphazardly piled in the Chaos Porch until I’m up to making another surge of order happen there…), followed by exhaustion, then the scattered return to a more typical rhythm, comes….
And lots of words!
The forward progress, as predicted, is piling up, like the storm clouds on these dog day afternoons, or the snowflakes last winter – do you remember last winter? The one that went from December into May, and which we were incredibly lucky enough to get a ten-day Oregon intermission from, because yours truly was smart enough to have a Left Coast guy want to be her Accomplice in Mischief?
If you don’t, don’t worry – I have pictures…pictures guaranteed to cool you down a bit on even the hottest August afternoon!
And now, my week so far….
Second Serving Sunday: Forward Momentum (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 82,017/~150,000 words drafted. I’ve had other focuses, this week, but some words happened, and ideas are simmering. Next up: Draft to 87,500/~150,000 words – 5,483 to incremental goal.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3) by end of month, using Rock Your Plot. Begin drafting after FDWR, if there’s month left. Reread existing plot outline‘ plotted scenes 6-10. Next up: Finish plotting scenes 11-24.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”. Complete through S3E7 “The Shipment”. Next up: Continuing the season-long Xindi arc, with its mini T’Pol, Trip, and TnT arcs. Hey, it’s #writingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. Nine stories imported; current word count:194,101. Next up: A-E paragraphs.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. Highlighting done for all detailed notes. Next up: Break out highlighted notes and GMC scene outline to create the revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision. Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month‘s end. Nothing new. Other focuses prevailed this session. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions. Nothing yet. Next up: Reread previously revised scenes and revision plan/schedule to reorient myself.
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates. Nothing for Round Four yet. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. Comments/visits moving along, several times. ROW80 post a day late (Monday); otherwise up to date, with extras! Next up: More comments/visits/posts, and pending file. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 2 /2 (reblogs, shares to FB and SSS; SoCS posts to FB page).. Next up: Do it again!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. 3/3 – browsing my tabs; SoCS posts; FB links…Next up: Do it again!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. 1 /2 Did some pruning while sniffing out a message I needed to address. Next up: Aim for two sessions this week.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 6/5; energy built as the week moved along. Next up: Keep it up!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. General categories listed. Next up: Add three subcategories to each broad category.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Drafted both quarterlies. Next up: More of the Paperwork Avalanche! Complete IHIPs, proof and package end of year reporting.
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files. Nothing. Next up: Something!
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits as soon as homeschool paperwork is drafted.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nada. Next up: the Obvious.
- Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Meditation: 6/6; mandalas, t’ai chi, eating meditation. Techniques: 1 /2; eating meditation. Next up: Continue practice; delve the new.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing. Next up: Anything, as to the purpose.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Time with all, more planned. Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. 2/3 books read; 1/5 reviews complete. Read Kait Nolan‘s Red – another wonderful, edge of the seat thrill ride – this one with fangs! Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read Slave Again, by Alana Terry.
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 6/7 days, 3/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi; weeding. Next up: I think I need one day a week where this isn’t an obligation; changing goal to 6/week.
- Practice: Attend two t‘ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. Two classes; 4/5 at home practice sessions. Next up: get to par – almost there!