Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
I’m settling into a more focused phase, after our travel and the resultant scattered putterings with this, that, and the other. I’ve mostly been tackling only one or two things at a time, but it does seem to be moving me further in the directions I want to go, so I’m happy, even if there’s considerably more red and green than blue, so far this week.
The forward progress will eventually add up, and then there will be a shifting over to that delightful blue of goals met…and, until then, things are moving along, and I’m satisfied…
How about you? Is it a this, that, and the other week, a focused one, or a down week where you just need to set your goals aside and do something completely different?
And now, my week so far….
Second Serving Sunday: The Murky Muddle Edition (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 80,231/~150,000 words drafted. Nothing new. Next up: Draft to 87,500/~150,000 words.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3) by end of month, using Rock Your Plot. http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Your-Plot-Plotting-Writing-ebook/dp/B008CC5L8Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1421829469&sr=1-1&keywords=rock+your+plot . begin drafting after FDWR, if there’s month left. Nothing new, as yet. Next up: Jump back in!
- Star Trek Chronology Project: http://thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/ Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244365/; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”http://www.hulu.com/watch/315073#i0,p20,s3,d0 . Complete through S3E1: “The Xindi” .http://www.hulu.com/watch/315085#i0,p0,s3,d0 . Next up: Delving deeper into the season-long Xindi arc, with its mini T’Pol, Trip, and TnT arcs. Hey, it’s #writingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. Nine stories imported; current word count:194,101. Next up: A-E paragraphs.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. Highlighting done for all detailed notes. Next up: Break out highlighted notes and GMC scene outline to create the revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision. http://www.sarahselecky.com/2013/deep-revision-part-2/ Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month‘s end. Re-visioned and rewrote 4 passafes from this 3 page, 1100 word short. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions. Nothing yet. Next up: Reread previously revised scenes and revision plan/schedule to reorient myself.
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates. Nothing for Round Four yet. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. Comments/visits moving along. ROW80 post a day late (Monday); otherwise up to date, minus one missing C and C post from last week… Next up: More comments/visits/posts, and pending file. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! Nothing this session. Next up: Up the ante!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. Nothing this session. Next up: Up the ante!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. A few more deleted. Next up: Aim for another session this week.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I‘ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 2/5; fairly minimal. Next up: More.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing yet. Next up: Get my toes wet!
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Did the research and drafted Annalise’s quarterly. excepting Attendance. Jeremiah’s quarterly about half drafted. Next up: More of the Paperwork Avalanche!
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files. Nothing. Next up: Something!
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits as soon as homeschool paperwork is drafted.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nada. Next up: the Obvious.
- Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. 4/6; mandalas, t’ai chi. Next up: Continue practice; delve the new.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing. Next up: Anything, as to the purpose.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Time with all, more planned.Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. In Her Shadow, by August McLaughlin. A great, suspenseful read! Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read two more books.
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 3/7 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi. Next up: More, and greater intensity.
- Practice: Attend two t‘ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. One class; 2/5 at home practice sessions. Next up: get to par!