Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing.
We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
My Week Eight update: Otherwise Occupied.
And now, without further fuss and bother, my update!
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
It was a week of recovering and resetting after Unschoolers Rock the Campground. I was scattered, doing a bit here, and a bit there – and somehow it all added up to some fairly significant progress…
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 80K for the week. Current total: 79,372/ 80,231. Completed through Scene 26/50; Niaan’s Pinch Point #2. A win!
“Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot and dialogue.A solid win!
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Rewrote/revisioned four passages from this 3 page, 1100 word short.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Reread existing outline (through Scene 5), and finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot, through Scene 10.Nothing yet.
- The IDIC Romance: Reread and import remaining 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. 32/32 stories imported! A Tuesday win!
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post Second Serving Sunday from last week. Use the features begun but not finished last week, to streamline. 7/9.
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. More visits than comments, thus far; but weaving into the flow of a recuperative week.
- Homeschool Administration: Research 2015-2016 IHIP requirements for Grade 9, begin Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Research done, and templates for IHIPs and quarterly reports downloaded. Annalise’s fourth quarter report about halfway drafted.
- Recuperate from intense camping weekend, and resume a more normal flow. Allowing myself lots of time to relax and rest, but gradually taking on more hometending and writing projects. A restful and productive win
- Watch the rest of Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Two. Through S3E26: “The Expanse” ; 6/6. A delightful win! =D
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate five times. Intentions journal: 6/6. #onegoodcup: 6/6. Meditation: 7/5: mandalas; t’ai chi. I call this a BIG win!
- T’ai chi practice five times; Add a Thursday class. 2/5.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice! 1/2
My goals for this week:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 87,500 words. Current total: 80,231/ 87,500. 7,269 words left.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Reread existing outline (through Scene 5), and finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot, through Scene 10.
- The IDIC Romance: Reread and import remaining 2015 stand-alone and arc stories stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. 7 stories to add.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Complete highlighting detailed notes for setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercises 2 and 3. (add 3).
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible; post missing Coffee and Conversation from last week and authorized reblog.
- Catch up all July and August blog comments and visits.
- Homeschool Administration: Draft Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both.
- Complete stowing camping gear.
- Clean/tidy study – it’s gotten a bit scary in there…
- Resume a more normal rhythm; pick time to go to State Museum with kids.
- Watch Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Three, through S3E5: “Impulse”. 5 episodes. Hey, #itswritingresearch!
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate six times.
- T’ai chi practice: at home five times; class twice.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice!
A favorite line from my story that sums up what I wrote/revised:
“…Strange enough I was, even in the nursery, among Untribed sisters, the prisoner of an Untribed Keep – and I was, in some wise, a prisoner, as much as the Kai my half-twin was in her exile. Never did I truly belong there, in such a place, and bound so much by Untribed rules.”
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Fragmented focus; between recovering from the trip and catching up on lots of hometending, to delving into the mysteries of Windows 10, to homeschooling paperwork, there was a lot going on in my head, and my world….
Something I love about my WIP:
- That I can already see hints of the deeper story revision will chisel out of this rough draft.