Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…and now it’s August, and time for a goals reset…
It’s been almost exactly a week since we got home from Unschoolers Rock the Campground. Most of the gear has been organized, and some even put away!
It’s been a bit of a scattered week, with my snapping up tidbits of this and that, as my energy and focus directed. I also upgraded to Windows 10, which made Thursday interesting, but has made life far sweeter since. I especially love – and I mean LOVE – the new Task View window that lets me see everything I have open and toggle between projects. Now, that is a brilliant addition for people like me, who like to work on many projects at once. I’m positive it’s already made me more productive, and I’ve only been using it for three days! =)
And now, onto the business at hand….
Second Serving Sunday: (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 80,231/~150,000 words drafted. It was wonderful to dip my toes back in, after several days away! Next up: Draft to 87,500/~150,000 words.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”. Complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Next up: I’m about ready to dive into the season-long Xindi arc, with it’s mini T’Pol, Trip, and TnT arcs. Hey, it’s #writingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. Nothing new yet. Next up: Assign slots in file; import stories.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. Nothing new yet. Next up: Complete the highlighting.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision.Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month’s end. Nothing new yet. Next up: Exercise 2.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions. Nothing yet. Next up: Reread previously revised scenes and revision plan/schedule to reorient myself.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current.Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates, except last Sunday, due to camping. Nothing for Round Four yet. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. A mixed bag, here. Catching up from internet-free days. Next up: More comments/visits/posts, and pending file. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 1 /2. Next up: Up the ante!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week.2/3. Next up: Up the ante!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. A few deleted and moved while Windows 10 was installing. Next up: Aim for two sessions this week.
Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life.6/5.Successful, even though I was tired! Next up: Keep it up!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing yet. Next up: Get my toes wet!
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016
(research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Did the research and about ½ of Annalise’s quarterly. Next up: More of the Paperwork Avalanche!
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files. Nothing. Next up: Something!
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits as soon as homeschool paperwork is drafted.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nada. Next up: the Obvious.
Meditation: Practice six times a week.Experiment with two new techniques. 7/6; mandalas; t’ai chi. Next up: Continue practice;delve the new.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing. Next up: Anything, as to the purpose.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Yes, yes, and yes! Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. Nada. Next up: I have plans….more or less.
- Make time for physical activity every day;
use phone app to track three time a week.6/7 days, 3/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi. Next up: More, and greater intensity.
- Practice: Attend two t’ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. One class; 2/5 at home practice sessions. Next up: get to par!