A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Returning to normal life, and the internet, after a camping weekend – and several features on an impromptu hiatus…
- I’ve nearly gotten caught up (still down one Coffee and Conversation post for this week, but I might get to that later today), and I’ve made progress on many things, in a scattered way.
- I’ve also had something of a minor epiphany. These scattered times tend to feel unfocused and wasteful when I’m in their midst, but when I step back and see all that I’ve accomplished in these times, I always find it was a lot more than I expected to see. I’ve got some ideas on why that is so…but they’re percolating into a blogpost, so, for now, I’m going to leave it at that.
- In one more bit of Big News – I’m now running Windows 10, and very pleased with the system and how painless it was to set up (my needs, though, are very basic, and so YMMV considerably). Other than the cool ability to highlight, write, or draw on webpages, though, I’m not a fan of Edge, Microsoft’s new browser. I’m very partial to Chrome, which also gives me the option of a lovely nebula theme, and Edge didn’t play at all nicely with WordPress the one time I tried to set up a blogpost with it. That’s mandatory, for me – so, while I may toy with it, it won’t be my default browser, at least until some of the kinks are worked out…
And now, onto the nitty-gritty of my week!
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Apres Camping: After a skipped Sunday update, I begin to reorient and return to creation, on several fronts…
Reflecting on Reflection: With July past, I assess my progress on my ROW80 Round Three goals.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- Unexpected Hiatus, due to camping.
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Otherwise Occupied: With my week largely consumed by Unschoolers Rock the Campground, and away from the Internet, other goals took a decided backseat.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to my Joyful Life.
- Is What You See Really All There Is? On Perspective and a Mindful Life: Our perspective can help, or hinder, depending on how tightly or mindfully we hold to it.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- “Eat Up”: The Captain orders T’Pol to eat her breakfast…but will she?
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Another unintentional hiatus!
A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- “Enthuse Me”: Captain Archer wants something exciting to explore, but Trip’s already all wrapped up in the mysteries of a certain Vulcan woman who isn’t enthused by their mission.
August is in full swing now, and I’m stowing camping gear, half-buried in an avalanche of homeschool paperwork, and gradually getting back into the swing of my writing rhythm…this next week will be more paperwork (I hope to finish at least my rough drafts), more drafting of Foul Deeds Will Rise, which is just beyond the halfway point, and dipping my toes back into plotting and revision…and, of course, time with my three favorite people, and tending our home, yard, and myself.
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3; begin drafting.
- Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft #2.
- Complete updating blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance)
- Complete revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”, find a market, and submit.
- Resume revisions on Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft Series).
This week, on the blog:
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #10. Recuperation, drafting, Enterprise, and the paperwork avalanche.
- Mindful Monday: When things go a little catty-wompas, and we still want to be mindful.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round
- WIPpet Wednesday: Back to Foul Deeds Will Rise; with something new.
- Coffee and Conversation: Camping with our unschooling tribe – then and now….and something that might be the beginning of a pla –
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- #8sunday: Another FDWR snippet.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- I don’t like the phrase ‘screen time”, or believe in limiting childen’s access to particular types of media “for their own good”. Here’s one view on why.
- “How Do You Feel?” In my ROW80 Round Three Sponsor Post, I explore how being mindful of our emotions – and our characters’, as well – can deepen, broaden, and grow our writing.
- Fellow Weekend Writing Warrior Kim Magennis offers up a profound and tantalizing story fragment in Ghost.
That’s what I’ve been up to, and will be getting up to.
What about you? Anything exciting happening in your corner of the world?
Any Second Servings to offer?
(Yes, I’m a little nosy. Writer thing.)
If you want to satisfy my perhaps inappropriate curiosity,
drop a line, a link, or an image into the rectangular receptacle below!
And one more thing, just for fun, because T’Pol! =)