Do you ever stare into a mirror so long that
you don’t recognize the face that’s staring back at you?
Have you ever looked deeply looked your life,
your goals…your soul, to see what’s reflected there?
I wrote this at the beginning of the round…and, since, I’ve been staring into that mirror, as well as my life and my goals. As part of my Year of Exploration, I’ve been reflecting on where I am and who I am, where and who I’d like to be…
I’m getting a better idea of what I want to focus on for the final quarter of the year, and the shape of things to come…
So, now that the personally chaotic month of July is over, it’s time to look again at my Round Three goals, and see where I stand…
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder;
fix continuity errors.Created chronological list of all 31 stories; created files for each; corrected continuity errors.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:
Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method, and draft. Just over 75K words for July; about halfway.
Write1Sub1: Complete “Slow Jazz Awakening” using Rock Your Revisions; complete “Peach Liqueur Love” edits using Deep Revision, choose a market for “PLL”, and submit both. Choose final short story to revise in 2015. Nothing during this CampNaNo month.
- Chameleon’s Dish; reread revised scenes and revision plan; complete revision of all plot and pinch points , using existing plan. 11/24 scenes left to reach this goal; I’m not as interested in how long the revision takes, as in attention to the process. I expect to get faster and better with practice.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.Success!
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. More yes than no. though I fell down a bit during the CampNaNo and real life camping madness.
- Blogging Action Plan: Revise plan; overhaul Lovely Chaos sidebar. Several changes to sidebar; more planned.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some ideas…this was hit-or-miss, but I’m developing a new strategy…stay tuned!
- Go on at least one social media adventure each week. Finding a way to have fun with this one was successful at the very end of the month.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Mostly successful, but not every week.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results when received; develop IHIPs for 2015-2016, and submit fourth quarter reports and Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel form once the quarter ends on July 31 (due September 15). Some progress here; more to come, now that the 2014-5 ‘school year’ is over, and the new one begun.
- Photo digitalization: Scan Arizona travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Carried over from last round…no new progress.
- Kindle ebooks by authors I know: Read 3, and write reviews for 5. No progress.
- NNWM local group:
Attend write-ins regularly,and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Complete three critiques. Gradually making the checking-in part of my social media routine. Two critique projects queued and waiting… Meditation: Practice meditation four times a week.Experiment with five new techniques. Doing well with practice, meditating nearly daily. 2/5 new techniques in play (t’ai chi and mandala).
- Starfleet: Fill out application and attend at least one USS Albany group meeting. Nothing yet.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.A great big success – and I mean more than the goal. Time and connection are valuable commodities. =)
- Make one hour of physical activity a part of every day; use phone app to track. I’m still erratic here; only getting an hour on days I go to t’ai chi or have some family activity planned. Remembering to use the phone app more frequently.
Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. I attended class most weeks, and began consistent at-home practice roughly mid-month. A success here!
- Intuitive Eating: Read and begin considering. Nothing new read. Pondering what I have read.