Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…and now it’s August, and time for a goals reset…
I don’t have much to say beyond that Unschoolers Rock the Campground was a wonderful whirlwind, and consumed most of my focus Thursday- Sunday. We had no Internet, which is why I didn’t post a Sunday update.
I’m still recuperating, catching up on laundry, lost sleep, and temporarily abandoned projects, and it may take most of this week to feel as though I’m on something of an even keel again…
Do I regret it?
Not at all!
Here’s what I’ve been up to, other than camping…
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 7 Update: An In Tents Pause.
Second Serving Sunday: Afterglow (A recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:
Complete plottingFoul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, usingThe Snowflake Method, and draft. Plotting complete; 75,129/75,000 words drafted: August Goal: Finish draft.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through
- S2E26: “The Expanse”. Complete through S2E20: “Horizon”. August Goal: Watch through S3E24: “Zero Hour”. Hey, #itswritingresearch!
The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Done! Hooray!August Goals: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs to Scrivener file; get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 ideas.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. August Goal: Keep what’s above; create detailed revision plan.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Reread exercise and draft. August Goal: Complete one exercise per week; find market, and submit by month’s end.
- Stretch Goal: Reread Chameleon’s Dish revised scenes; resume revisions.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.Sponsor post up this week; visits current. August Goals: Keep visits and updates current ( excepting Sunday, August 2, because Camping). Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Not all, or as quickly as I’d like – but that should change in a quieter August. August Goals: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas… August Goal: Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures!
Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!2/1: Tweetdeck, for #RSWrite and Other Things. A wander from the A-Z Road Trip to one blog, then another, then another... August Goal: Up the ante to three!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox.
Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life.7/5.Camping-centric. August Goal: Unchanged.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. August Goal: Unchanged.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9),
create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form.August Goals: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both.
- Stretch Goal: Clean up all OneDrive files.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. Yes on write-ins, and peeking at the group August Goals: Write-ins and social media.Complete both critique projects I’ve been hanging onto…
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. August Goal: Unchanged.
Meditation: Practice four times a week.Experiment with two new techniques. 4/4; thrice with mandalas; t’ai chi. 1 /2 new techniques. August Goals: Up meditation to 6 times a week; two new techniques.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. August Goal: Unchanged.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Yes, yes, and yes! August Goal: Unchanged.
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews.
Make time for physical activity every day;use phone app to track three time a week. 7/7 days, 2/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi, camping, swimming. August Goal: Unchanged.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. At-home practice daily until camping (except Tuesday, when I had class): Reading to increase knowledge base, warm-up, then my combo. August Goals: At home practice 5 times weekly; attend two classes each week.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge – It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers right here!