Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing. We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
My Week Seven update: An In Tents Pause.
And now, without further fuss and bother, my update!
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
- With my birthday on Wednesday, and Unschoolers Rock the Campground Thursday-Sunday, with four-hour drives bracketing it, my focus was on life more than writing….
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 75K as my July CampNaNoWriMo novel, and validate by midnight on Wednesday, July 29, which also happens to be my birthday. Current total: 75, 129 by Scrivener count; 75,946 by CampNaNo count. A great big birthday WIN!
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot and dialogue.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Reread Exercise #2, and the current and very messy draft of the story.
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot. Nothing new.
- The IDIC Romance: Import 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. 13/32 stories moved; I made the decision to split “Letters Unsent”, since “Cucumbers and Complements”, takes place about midway through it.
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible, 3/9 posted; 5/9 in progress. Internet was non-existent over the camping weekend.
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. Only through Wednesday.
- Prepare for and attend Unschoolers Rock the Campground with the kids. Aim for peaceful preparation, an uneventful drive to and from, and All the Joy! I fell down a bit on the peacefulness; heat and a threatening migraine made for added stress. Otherwise, a great big HUGE JOYOUS WIN!!!
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate four times. 5/6 journaling; 4/4 meditation. I did well on journaling through Friday. Calling this one an almost-win.
- T’ai chi practice four times. 5/4: 3 at home, one 60 minute class, and one while camping.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice! Upping the ante on this one. Nothing this week.
My goals for this week:
- After a very busy last week, this week is about recuperating and resetting for a month more focused on revision than drafting.
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 80K for the week. Current total: 75, 129. Left to goal: 4,871. After the July drafting extravaganza, and a break for the rest of the week, I’m setting a minimal goal to ease back into it this week.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot and dialogue. This should be simpler, now that we’re home, and recuperating from a very busy weekend away.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Reread existing outline (through Scene 5), and finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot, through Scene 10.This is a ‘dippin’ my toes in’ project to reorient myself to the project, which I haven’t looked at for a few weeks.
The IDIC Romance: Reread and import remaining 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. I’ve got 19/32 stories left to import; this can be a relaxing break between other, more labor-intensive, projects.
- Publish 9 regular features posts; post Second Serving Sunday and ROW80 from last week. Use the features begun but not finished last week, to streamline.
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. Back to this one.
- Homeschool Administration: Research 2015-2016 IHIP requirements for Grade 9, begin Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Getting these underway will relieve some of the avalanche of paperwork due in September.
- Recuperate from intense camping weekend, and resume a more normal flow.
- Watch the rest of Star Trek: Enterprise, Season Two. I have 6 episodes to go, and a need to recuperate…so this one’s a natural!
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate five times.
- T’ai chi practice five times; Add a Thursday class.
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice!
A favorite phrase from my story:
The woman standing at the far side of the ledge was not the Trueborn –
It was Shinjao.
And she was making a claim, aloud, before all who would hear it.
He was uncertain what she meant by it. She knew, more mayhap than any other, what he would have of the woman who bore his own blood.
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Camping – so wonderful for life and well-filling; and, at the same time, so consuming that it left little room for anything else. I thought I planned for this; but it would maybe have been better to just plan on taking those days off…
Something I love about my WIP:
- That I have an emerging sense of the shape of this story, and the freshness that comes from having taken a bit of time away.
That’s it for me. Come back next Monday, August 3, to see how I’m doing. Join in or cheer us on! There’ll be Twitter parties (using the hashtag #RSWrite), giveaways and fun (I like fun!). And writing. Lots of that!