Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
Yesterday was Learn Nothing Day.
Once again, I failed….spectacularly.
(Actually, it was July 24, which I learned while getting the link…so, I failed by learning different stuff than what’s listed below, but I still failed!)
It started just after midnight, when I took a walk with my daughter, and learned that, although we couldn’t see the moon, it was still fairly bright out.
It just went on from there. I learned about:
- freelance writing,
- t’ai chi,
- Windows 10.
- that my writing group is filled with amazing, awesome and compassionate women.
- what was going on in my husband’s, daughter’s, and son’s heads.
- about a very cool postcard poetry challenge.
- a new-to-me way to learn languages and more..
- new things about my characters and their stories.
And I learned that 2015 was not the year I was going to learn nothing on Learn Nothing Day. Maybe 2016?
At any rate, it’s time for my belated-by-a-day update…
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 6 Update: Writing On Amid Entropy.
Second Serving Sunday: The Birthday and Camping Edition. (A recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method, and draft. Plotting complete; 60,483/75,000 words drafted: Scene 23/50 in progress; entering the midpoint. Next up: the obvious. Make my CampNaNo goal; then finish the draft.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Currently complete through S2E16: “Future Tense”. Tech Wizard Boy fixed our Roku issue! And I Enterprised! Next up: Celebrate the par-ness with another episode or three…starting with S2E17“Canamar”
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder;
fix continuity errors.Existing stories ordered and 2015 stories slotted in. Next up: Import 2015 story text to appropriate Scrivener files and folders.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Nothing new. Next up: Highlight Plot notes for all 16 scenes.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. . Nothing new. Next up: Reread what I have written so far, and do Exercise #2.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.My sponsor post is in; visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Doing better. I’ve found it’s somewhat easier to tackle a few at a time, when I need time to percolate ideas, watch Enterprise, wait for that molar to fall out of the girl’s mouth…Next up: make some visits and respond to more comments, including pending ones.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas…Nothing this session. Next up: share! Interesting and inspiring things, funny things, things that make me go hmmmm…
Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!2/1: Spent some time on Facebook, and updated my Pinterest feed. Next up: Make this so, again – and again!
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. I honestly can’t say for sure, because Other Things. Stuff was done. Other stuff wasn’t. Next up: Begin shifting back into maintenance mode…and more weeding!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Not yet. Next up: make a beginning.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Test scores are back; Peer Review Form body completed. Next up: Finish what I’ve started: Need end matter for form; print for campground. Crop Annalise’s test score photos, and submit to district.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. Yes on write-ins, and peeking at the group…critiques? Not yet. Next up: Read short scene critique.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new. Next up: Follow up with beta #1.
Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques.8/4 for this week; thrice with mandalas, and once during t’ai chi. Continued reading about mandala meditation and began practice;1 /2 new techniques. Selected new technique; did very early stage research – more on that when I’m closer to actually starting… Next up: Research technique #2,and begin.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing new. Next up: print application.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Yes, yes, and yes! Next up: More! =D
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 6/7 days, 3/3 with phone; Walking, weeding, hometending, and t’ai chi. Next up: take the kids camping.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly;
begin consistent at-home practice.Aim to add second class weekly. At-home practice daily: Reading to increase knowledge base, brief warm-up, then Ward Off/ Rollback/Press and Push combo. It’s now part of my morning flow, and becoming habit. Next up: Continue class and at- home practice.