Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
I did it!
“Did what?”, you say?
It took ten days of serious writing, wiggled in around a good deal of living- most wonderful, but some, well, not really so much…There was chaos, lovely and otherwise, and connection, and a bit of its opposite.
I can’t say for sure that I couldn’t have done this without the Snowflake plotting, especially since my characters have taken over and are spinning my pretty plot like it’s a toy (and telling me a far more convoluted, interesting, and real story in the process)…
But I think it’s helped.
Since I am back on solid finishing footing, I’m bring back my Next Up, and will be adding in some of the goals neglected during my Quest to Catch Up.
And now, on with it!
Second Serving Sunday (A recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method and draft. Plotting complete; 51,419/75,000 words drafted: Scene 20/50 in progress. Next up: the obvious. Make my CampNaNo goal; then finish the draft.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Currently complete through S2E15: “Cease Fire” Nothing new. Next up: Celebrate the par-ness with an episode or two…
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Existing stories ordered through #14 (“Hey, Cinderella”); slots created for S1: “Get Out Your White Hat”, and pre – S1: “Slow Jazz Awakening”, which is a compilation of stories #1-3 of the 2014 series. Nothing new. Next up: Move forward.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Nothing new. Next up: Highlight Plot notes.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Nothing new. Next up: Reread what I have written so far, and do Exercise #2.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.My sponsor post is in; visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Kept my head above water….Next up: make some visits and respond to more comments! I love comments!
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas…Nothing this session. Next up: share! Interesting and inspiring things, funny things, things that make me go hmmmm…
- Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it! Not yet. Next up: Make this so.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 1/5; Very light hometending; this was sacrificed to the Word Gods…or something…Next up: Begin shifting back into maintenance mode…and weed!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Not yet. Next up: make a beginning.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Test scores are back; Peer Review Form started. Nothing new this session. Next up: Finish what I’ve started.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. Yes on write-ins, and peeking at the group…critiques? Not yet. Next up: Read short scene critique.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new. Next up: Follow up with beta #1.
- Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. 3/4 for this week; twice with mandalas, and once during t’ai chi. Continued reading about mandala meditation and began practice; 1 /2 new techniques .Next up: select another technique…and begin.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing new. Next up: print application.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Time with daughter and my Accomplice; my son’s been in teen hibernation mode the last few days. Next up: time with the boy; more time with everyone else.
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 2/7 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking and t’ai chi. Next up: take the kids for a swim.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. We practiced a portion of the form in small groups; I’m going to adopt that and the opening as my at-home practice. Next up: at- home practice; begin adding Thursday class in August.
These goals are a part of
It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers right here!