Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
Ever have a stretch where it seemed that everything that could possibly be an obstacle, and a few things you never suspected might be, got in the way of the things you planned to do, cleared time to do, announced to all your beloveds that you intended to do?
That’s the last two days, for me. I had no other plans, and my kids’ sleep/wake schedules were conducive, and so I let the family know that I planned to spend the bulk of my weekend writing.
Which was a lovely idea that did not pan out, because I am Mommy, and Wife, as well as Writer.
An impromptu sleepover, an impromptu walk, two impromptu trips to McDonald’s. An impromptu clearing of the writing decks to be with my Accomplice. An impromptu two hour text chat with a homesick girl awake after everyone else was asleep. Arriving for my weekly write-in to find no one else from my group there, because the power had gone out, and I didn’t check the Facebook group before I headed out…
So, I didn’t get that two days I was looking forward to – but I did a lot of writing, in the cracks and crevices left to me, in the midst of living…
And that’s enough…although I’m holding out high hopes, still, that I can make up a bit for some of the lost time, today and tomorrow…because hope, after all, springs eternal!
Second Serving Sunday (A recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method, and draft. Plotting complete; 33, 946/75,000 words drafted: Scene 14/50 in progress.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; ; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Currently complete through S2E15: “Cease Fire“. Nothing new.
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Existing stories ordered through #14 (“Hey, Cinderella”); slots created for S1: “Get Out Your White Hat”, and pre – S1: “Slow Jazz Awakening”, which is a compilation of stories #1-3 of the 2014 series. Nothing new.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Nothing new.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2.. Nothing new.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post;keep visits up-to-date. My sponsor post is in; visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Better, despite chaos…
hare posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas…Yup! I shared several things!
- Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it! Nothing this week.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 4/5; Very light hometending.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Not yet.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Test scores are back; Peer Review Form started.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Complete one critique. Missed write-in due to power outage – didn’t peek at the group at the right time…critiques? Not yet.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new.
- Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. 3/4 for this week. Continued reading about mandala meditation; 1 /2 new techniques.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing new.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Walks, McD’s, and many chats with both kids; couples’ time; conversation; and bleeding brakes with my Accomplice. We all went to the drive-in.
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 7/7 days, 3/3 with phone; Walking, weeding, and hometending.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. No…but soon!
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge –
It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers right here!