A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead,
from my little corner of the blogosphere…
are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Last Week’s Edition: Scrambles and Switchbacks
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
- On Monday, which was Elijah’s birthday, I helped my Accomplice bleed the brakes on his car, tried to get his check to the credit union for deposit (got there 5 minutes late, and they had no night deposit forms available, so that amounted to a drive by myself, singing out Jewel tunes to my heart’s content – a rather good form of emotional balm. Taking the kids to their first drive-in movie – a double-feature – was another.
- Tuesday brought another session of our local NNWM group, for Camp NaNoWriMo . It also was – finally! – the day that my Accomplice’s car passed inspection, so we’re a two-car family again, and my life can resume a more typical rhythm! WAHOO!!!!
- The rest of the week has involved a lot of drafting; Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2) is fifteen scenes into the fifty, now, and all of the POV characters have taken over their own storylines, and started surprising me…(the half-twins most especially, which seems fitting, since the series is focused on them). I always love that point in any story, because that’s when the story stops being something I create, and more something that comes forth from within me, like one of Michaelangelo’s sculptures.
- I closed out the week with a total of 33,946 new words, and a sense of adventure, magic, and sinister undercurrents growing as the story does.
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Today’s the Day: When a birthday isn’t a celebration; and how I deal with that…
Moving Along Reflectively: As we move through Elijah’s Days, I attempt to balance amongst goals and big emotions – reflection helps.
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “We’re Not Ready”: Captain Archer contemplates the nature of human and Vulcan grief – and the connection between the Vulcan and human who happen to be his second and third in command.
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Sorrows and Switchbacks: A day late, and missed the linky, due to life, grief, and more life…but words were indeed written!
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- Mindful Monday – uhh, Friday…: When a birthday brings emotional intensity, mindfulness can help…
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- “Proof Enough Already”: Is Vaara to be trusted, even with proof that she’s who she says she is? And where, and who, is Niaan?
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Who Are the People in YOUR Neighborhood? I thought I knew my neighbors…but do I, really?
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Across the Firestars: Niaan, traveling under an assumed identity, agrees to a dance – but where might it lead?
- A reblog from Kristen Lamb – goood stuff!
- Birthdays, death anniversaries, and other emotional rollercoaster stuff…
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Unschoolers Rock the Campground
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
Complete plotting for Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2
- Complete 75,000 words for July CampNaNoWriMo
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”
This week, on the blog:
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #6. I keep on scrambling, and scribbling (OK, typing…), and the words are adding up while the story takes shape!
- Mindful Monday: A #onegoodcup project update, with another peek into my #onegoodcup journal, and a bit of a touchy topic.
- ROW80 Updates: On Wednesday and Sunday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: The first sentences of Scene 3 of Foul Deeds Will Rise, the second volume in my Trueborn Weft fantasy series. An adults – only scene – complete with sexual subterfuge. Trigger warnings!
- Coffee and Conversation: Let’s have a cuppa, and chat about it! On the eve of a difficult anniversary, I pause to reflect, connect, and remember.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…but, with many words left to write, and not so many days of month left, it will probably wander into Foul Deeds Will Rise.
- #8sunday: Ten more sentences of FDWR, from Tacivaar’s scene, just after the WIPpet excerpt. Again, this is intended only for adults, and trigger warnings for sexual predation…
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- How to Keep You Head Up After a Breakup: The ever-passionate August McLaughlin shares some passion-filled answers to loneliness – and life.
- Advantages in DISadvantages: Does Our Culture Really Value Normal? Kristen Lamb puts a very personal spin on the paradox of claiming to value innovators while attempting to fit all children into school-defined parameters of ‘normalcy’. If you’ve ever felt like you just didn’t fit in, please read this. If you feel your children don’t, please PLEASE read this!
- People Who Talk to Themselves Aren’t Crazy, They’re Actually Geniuses: Yes, I talk to myself. No, I’m not a genius – my mother had me tested (I’m not making that up – she did!).
That’s what I’ve been up to, and will be getting up to.
What about you?
(Yes, I’m a little nosy. Writer thing.)
If you want to satisfy my perhaps inappropriate curiosity,
drop me a line or a few in the box below!