Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am,
where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
We’re now into the period I call Elijah’s Days – the twelve days that encompass the life span of our second child. There’s something about these days, for me – particularly the ten that fall between his birthday and the anniversary of his death on July 25th – that seems ripe for reflection, connection, reassessment…
It’s not straightforward. Sometimes, it’s far deeper than language. It’s the shifting that comes with living, and with being reminded that living doesn’t go on forever, for any of us – and that I want to make the most of it, while I’m here.
I’m going to give my attention to the things that most matter to me – joy, connection, expression…
Do you ever have times like this?
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:
Complete plottingFoul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, usingThe Snowflake Method, and draft. Plotting complete at last; 13,736/75,000 words drafted: Scene 8/50 in progress.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Currently complete through S2E15: “Cease Fire”. Nothing new.
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Existing stories ordered through #14 (“Hey, Cinderella”); slots created for S1: “Get Out Your White Hat”, and pre – S1: “Slow Jazz Awakening”, which is a compilation of stories #1-3 of the 2014 series. Nothing new.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Nothing new.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Nothing new.
Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.My sponsor post is in; visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. Not doing so well here; Monday was an especially out-of-sync day, between Elijah’s birthday, several hours at the movie theatre during my Prime Writing Time, and various other Life Stuff. I hope to have a better assessment by Sunday.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas… Nothing happening…not even crickets. By Sunday…
- Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it! Nothing yet, but I have something planned.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 1/5; Hometending. Another thing that got pushed aside for Life Stuff, but will figure in the rest of the week.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Given a bit of thought; no action yet.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Test scores are back; nothing else done here.
- NNWM local group:
Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. Yes on write-ins, and peeking at the group…critiques? Not yet.
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new.
- Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. 3/4 for this week, including while bleeding brake lines with a stressed spouse on a hot day, so I could stay calm. Continued reading about mandala meditation; 1 /2 new techniques.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. Nothing new.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Walks with daughter; chats with both kids; chats; couples’ time; and bleeding brakes with my Accomplice. We also all went to the drive-in movies for a double feature- Minions and Inside Out. It was the kids’ first drive-in experience and loads of fun!
Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week.3/7 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, weeding, and hometending.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. No class yet this week; perhaps tomorrow. Taken out by car stuff that is – at last! – resolved, for the moment.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge –
It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers!