A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, f
rom my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
- It’s been a busy week! I spent Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday attending to writing type things. Because it’s a Camp NaNoWriMo month, our local NNWM group had a Tuesday write-in in addition to our regular Sunday session.
- Wednesday was our daughter’s eleventh birthday, and the day was spent in visiting a thrift store and a lovely used book store with glorious hardwood floors, having a meal at Professor Java’s Coffee Sanctuary, where she had a BLC (she doesn’t eat tomatoes, at present, but loves cucumbers), a croissant with cinnamon, and sampled her first-ever Italian soda. More, they made her meal on the house for her special day! =) Then it was on to the mall, to visit Claire’s, where she got some new makeup, the games store, and the novelty shop, Ta-Da!, where she fulfilled a long-standing dare with herself and bought a lollipop with a scorpion inside. She says she’ll eat the candy at our camp-out later this year, but not the scorpion – her brother wants that.
- Thursday, I was back to writing, and the same for Friday. At about 5am Saturday morning, I finally completed the plotting for my NaNo project, Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2) using The Snowflake Method, and wrote the first, tense, 481 word scene. I think I’m going to love the results of this effort, even though it took considerably longer than I anticipated, and it’s going to be a scramble to complete the novel this month, or maybe even to make my word count.
- Still, I closed out yesterday with 3,353 new words, and the characters are already starting to breathe their own lives, which usually takes a few scenes each to happen.
- So, I will continue to double back, scramble up, and move, in some fashion, toward my goals, while living this tumultuous month called July…
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
A Season of Reflection: I set forth my Round Three goals.
Month of Paradox: July is a tricky month, for me….my goals are simpler, and perhaps more subject to change than they usually are…
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “The Day Before”: A Vulcan, a human, a chair – and a standoff about sitting down….?
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- When Setbacks Strike…: Some progress, some not, a dose of reality, and a paring-down.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- Presence in a Time of Paradox: When joy and sorrow converge, I simply strive to be present.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- Shared and Unspoken: Undercurrents and things not said or noticed…a situation in Enterprise’s Situation Room….
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- What’s Your Story? We all tell ourselves stories – but believing them without challenging their truth can lead to trouble…
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Nothing Else Mattered: At long last, drafting has begun on Foul Deeds Will Rise, and I’m sharing the first scene with you! But please, don’t scream…
- Birthdays, death anniversaries, and other emotional rollercoaster stuff…
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Unschoolers Rock the Campground
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
Complete plotting forFoul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2
- Complete 75,000 words for July CampNaNoWriMo.
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”
This week, on the blog:
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #5. Scrambling and switchbacks provide lots of sideways motion, but also a particularly satisfying way to approach a challenging trail…
- Mindful Monday: July 13 is an emotionally charged day, in an emotionally charged month…but we’ve got a plan to shift the day joyward…
- ROW80 Updates: On Wednesday and Sunday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: The first sentences of Scene 2 of Foul Deeds Will Rise, the second volume in my Trueborn Weft fantasy series. What do you do, when you need to prove to strangers that you’re their rightful leader?
- Coffee and Conversation: How well do you know your neighborhood? How about your neighbors? Let’s have a cuppa, and chat about it!
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…but, with many words left to write, and not so many days of month left, it will probably wander into Foul Deeds Will Rise.
- #8sunday: Eight to ten more sentences of FDWR, from Vaara’s scene, just after the WIPpet excerpt.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Take Ten: My New Year’s Resolution: Yes, I know it’s July, but some great ideas are timeless!
- Captured: A quest to contain fireworks in digital format…with some very evocative results.
- The Habit of Excellence… Kait Nolan’s pep posts are legen – wait for it – dary…and this might be the best I’ve seen yet!
- ROW80: A Round of Words in 80 Days: Amy Kennedy’s awesome and inspirational goals post!