Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
July, though – July is a month of a different character. Maybe the perfect place to begin, or maybe the worst month I could choose. But here it is..
.today, my daughter is eleven years old. (Actually, tomorrow, but she and I have birthday-ing plans, so I’m prepping this on Tuesday morning).
On Monday, July 13, our second child would be twelve years old, if he hadn’t died at twelve days old, instead – an anniversary that happens to be four days before my forty-sixth birthday…
So much to reflect on, so many emotionally charged moments…there are gifts in grief, even if they’re not as obvious as the gift of joy.
Presents, and Presence….
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method, and draft. This is my primary focus for July; Plotting Step 9/10 in early progress (4/50 scenes set up in Scrivener file); no drafting yet, but by the weekend…and then my fingers will, I hope, fly!
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse” Currently complete through S2E15: “Cease Fire”.
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. Perfect for camping, or drafting/editing breaks. A tertiary focus until complete. Existing stories ordered through #14 (“Hey, Cinderella”); slots created for S1: “Get Out Your White Hat”, and pre – S1: “Slow Jazz Awakening”, which is a compilation of stories #1-3 of the 2014 series.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Tertiary focus for this round; good for the campground or breaks from more intense projects.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Another less-intensive tertiary focus.
- ROW80: Submit sponsor post;
keep visits up-to-date.I‘ve got a great idea for my sponsor post, but nothing drafted yet. Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule,attend to comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting;up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. A secondary goal for July.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas… Stay tuned; this is a secondary goal for July.
Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!I got a little helpful push when Laura Prepon repinned one of my Trip and T’Pol pins (of course I have a TnT board!). Turns out she’s got a really cool and extensive Trek board, which I am now following, and may have immersed myself in, rather than, you know, plotting a novel. Still, I get the goal completed for this week, so it’s all very logical. Really. =D
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 2/5; Hometending; weeding; planted beans and carrots.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. This will be a tertiary brainstorming list, for this round.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. These are good ‘productive fillers’; secondary goal for July. Test has been submitted for scoring.
- NNWM local group:
Attend write-ins regularly,and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Complete one critique. This is a great group; time to give back! =) Two critique projects already queued and waiting…
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Tertiary goal for July.
- Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Increasing the frequency and variety will provide me with more options, and help create a habit. 1/4 for this week.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. A tertiary filler project.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Walks and chats with both kids; chats and couples’ time with my Accomplice.
- Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week. 2/7 days, 1/3 with phone (23 minutes, but it was frugal with its measurements!).
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. At home practice will provide even more goodness, between, and count as meditation, besides. Due to travel, car sharing, and nocturnal tendencies; I haven’t been in three weeks.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge – It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers right here!