Have you ever stared into a mirror so long that you don’t
recognize the face that’s staring back at you?
Have you ever looked deeply at your life,
your goals, and your soul,
to see what’s reflected there?
That’s what Round Three is all about, for me. Since this is my Year of Exploration, I’m going to take the next 80 days to reflect on where I am and who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be…
By the end of this round, I’ll have a better idea of what I want to focus on for the final quarter of the year, and the shape of things to come…
With that objective in mind, here are my Round Three goals…on Wednesday, I’ll break these down and announce my July goals and progress to date.
And now, hi ho, hi ho; it’s off to ROW I go!
Sea Changes (KIC#3): Plotting about midway through. Next up: finish plotting; draft as a tertiary project for July and a secondary for the rest of round, until complete.
- Created a chronological list of all 31 stories; this relatively simple project will fit into smaller chunks of time without demanding lots of focus. Perfect for camping, or drafting/editing breaks. A tertiary focus until complete.
- Running behind due to Life. No panic, – I’m enjoying the plotting process, and the book is starting to take shape well enough to feel almost real. I think drafting will be streamlined greatly using this process, and I’ll catch up fairly quickly once it commences (be end of day July 5, at the latest). Primary focus for July.
Write1Sub1: Complete “Slow Jazz Awakening” using Rock Your Revisions; complete “Peach Liqueur Love” edits using Deep Revision, choose a market for “PLL”, and submit both. Choose final short story to revise in 2015.
- Revision and submission are secondary goals for July; primary in August and September.
Chameleon’s Dish; Reread revised scenes and revision plan; complete revision of all plot and pinch points , using existing plan.
- 11/24 scenes left to reach this goal; this will be tertiary for July, and primary thereafter.
- I’m not as interested in how long the revision takes, as in attention to the process. I expect to get faster and better with practice.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.
- I’ve got a great idea for my sponsor post, nothing drafted yet. I’m all geared up to start making the rounds again on Sunday!
Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- I’ve been doing well with posting; will maintain that, and up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting.
Blogging Action Plan: Revise plan; overhaul Lovely Chaos sidebar.
- More changes to sidebar in the works; plan revision will occur during less intense creative times, or as an interlude.
Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired!
- Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some ideas…
Go on at least one social media adventure each week.
- I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!
Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly.
- I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life.
Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results when received; develop IHIPs for 2015-2016; submit fourth quarter reports and Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel form once the quarter ends on July 31 (due September 15).
- These are good ‘productive fillers’.
Photo digitalization: Scan Arizona travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Carried over from last round…
Kindle ebooks by authors I know: Read 3, and write reviews for 5.
- A tertiary, filler project for July; secondary focus for August and September.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Complete three critiques.
- Make the checking-in part of my social media routine. Two critique projects already queued and waiting…
Meditation: Practice meditation four times a week. Experiment with five new techniques.
- Increasing the frequency and variety will provide me with more options, and help create a habit.
Starfleet: Fill out application and attend at least one USS Albany group meeting.
- Make this a filler project for July – check on meeting time and complete application.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.
- Not a problem area; still, I don’t want to get swept away to the point where I forget to connect with my three favorite humans! =)
Make one hour of physical activity a part of every day; use phone app to track.
- I tend to get too sedentary when I’m intensely creatively focused; time to do something about that! Current goal: work up to an hour a day, as tracked by my phone (It’s not good at counting…so my actual level will be higher than it records).
Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice.
- Add second class weekly. At home practice will provide even more goodness, between, and count as meditation and physical activity, besides.
Intuitive Eating: Read and begin considering.