My overarching theme for 2015 is Exploration. I’m exploring various aspects of my life, learning and growing as I move toward and evaluate my goals…changed goals appear beneath existing ones, in bolded italics.
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
My quarterly themes:
April -June: Expansion
Write1 Sub1 Challenge: Write and submit at least 1 story each month in 2015.
Draft novels in July and November. Otherwise, focus on revising/submitting, to end the year with twelve submissions.
- A novel, most of another, and 31+ new stories!
- Submitting stalled at one.
Develop Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Write rough sketches for 10; plot 5 ; draft 3.
Develop Kifo Island Chronicles series: Draft 3 novels in 2015.
- 1/5 drafts completed (KIC #1: Transitions).
- 2/5 final scene progressing; complete before end of July 1 (KIC#2: Generations).
- 3/5 halfway through plotting (KIC #3: Sea Changes).
Complete the Star Trek Chronology Project: Watch the entire canon Star Trek franchise, in chronological order – taking notes for future fan fiction development.
Complete A rewatch of Enterprise, excepting finale; begin rewatch of The Original Series as part of the Star Trek Chrononlogy Project.
- Complete through Enterprise S2:E15, “Cease Fire”.
Develop The IDIC Romance: Write 31 new stories; submit revised stories through “Movements” to at least 1 fan fiction site.
- 2015 Story-a-Day May Challenge; 31 stories; several stand-alone stories written, as well.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” in pre-sub revisions.
Blogging from A-Z: Draft 26 alphabet -themed travel posts.
- 26 travel posts, intro and reflections completed.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan, plot, and draft one novel in each series; as July CampNaNoWriMo and November NaNoWriMo projects.
- Rough sketches done for both; July novel in plotting phase for July Camp; drafting to begin by July 3.
Write at least 750 words daily at 750words.com.
- Deleting goal: unnecessary.
Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change): Complete first pass revision using Rock Your Revision; reread/create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Nothing new this round.
Bounded by a Nutshell: Create pre-revision plan, using existing notes Rock Your Revision.
- Deleting goal: time factor.
The Stars Are Fire/Perchance to Dream: Readthroughs and pre-revision notes.
Deleting goal: time factor.
The IDIC Romance: Organize Scrivener file; revise stories through “Golden Slipper”.
- First revision pass made on the “Suliban cell” compilation story.
- Detailed notes in progress (12/16 scenes) for “SJA” Revision Pass 2.5.
Write1Sub1 Challenge: Revise 5 existing short stories using Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process.
- 1/5 complete, submitted: “Morning Coffee”.
2012/2014 OctPoWriMo poems: Revise all poems; categorize by project.
- Nothing yet.
Blog Maintenance: Keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits.
- Happy with this!
Build blog queues: 5 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
Blogging Action Plan:
Review; revise; and implement.
- Moving slowly, but moving.
Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly.
- Not so much.
Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 15 items per week.
Blog views and followers: Increase views to 150 at least 10 times/ month; followers to 1000; WordPress followers to 333, because I like that number!
- WP: 241
- Total follows: 758
- Views gradually and intermittently spiking; best day 149 views…
Complete resets/reorganizations: family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen.
- Progress made in all areas.
Inhabit my study: cleaning, organizing, and using the space daily, when home.
Continue to inhabit and improve my study.
- Sporadic progress/use.
Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess.
- Progress continues.
: Complete all homeschool paperwork, including Annalise’s standardized testing, on time. Streamline where possible.
- Testing in progress at end of round; everything else current.
Yard Beautification: Plant edibles
and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris.
- Taking advantage of the warm weather. More plantings planned.
Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date.
Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 22 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- Nothing new. 2/22 read. 0/22 reviews complete; 1/22 drafted.
NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Sporadic on the interaction; attended write-ins regularly.
Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least 3 times/week.
- Two to three times a week; nearly there.
TBR Stacks: Complete bedroom TBR pile.
- Nothing new.
Smart Change: Work through at least one goal using the methods in this book.
- Pondering and observing…
Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
- Nothing new.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least thrice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- More than scheduled! ❤
Paying it Forward: Complete at least six beta reads and ten promotional blog posts for other writers.
- Stalled on beta read 1; one promotional posts.
Fitness and Nutrition:
Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity thrice weekly; with Wii Fit four times weekly.
One hour physical activity, measured with phone app, thrice weekly.
- Less consistently than I’d like.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three times weekly.
Practice: Resume t’ai chi and yoga classes, either/or at least twice/month.
- Yes for t’ai chi; postponing yoga.
Intuitive Eating: Read and put into practice as I continue to evolve nutritional goals that make me feel healthy and energized.
- 34% complete; lots to chew on...back-burnered.
Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 30 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- 4/30. Nothing new.
Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.
- Deleting goal; numbers aren’t the point.