A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
So, how was your life this past week? Mine was busy, and wonderful.
The early part of the week was spent in taking care of business – Annalise finished her state-required testing, and I made progress with hometending, yardtending, and writing stuff, not to mention packing and preparing for our trip to visit friends five hours away in a neighboring state.
Thursday was a driving day, and, since then, we’ve been here, enjoying companionship, swimming, a movie, walks around the neighborhood, chats over coffee, an art festival, and many other things friends do when they get together not often enough…
Sleeping wasn’t high on that priority list – it never seems to be, for me, when I travel. Writing, too, took a secondary position, which doesn’t mean that no writing got done, just that it’s taken a backseat to life – and I’m OK with that. The writing will happen later, once we’re home again, because living richly fills my well, and then the ideas flow, and so do the words…
Later today, we do our five hour drive home, and then there will be a time of quiet, and settling in, and creation…and now, onto this week’s blogging business!
Last Week’s Features:
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Growth in the Deeps: Something’s shifting; progress being made; deep times.
- Wandering Growth: Preparing for a trip, and wandering a bit in my writing…
#8sunday: A current snippet, eight to ten sentences long.
- “Join Us for Tea?” A gathering on the patio, with subtext…
Ready. Set. Write! (updates on Mondays, from 6/15 on)!
- Striding Forward: Ready. Set. Write!: Off to a walking start…okay, striding…on my summer intensive!
Mindful Monday: Self-Awareness and Intention
- We Could Get There From Here: Parenting With Intention Part 3: In part 3 of a four-part series, I explore my current parenting space, and how we came to this place…as a family.
WIPpet Wednesday: A Date-Related Post, Every Wednesday…
- “Hidden and Handled”: From Generations; a Kifo Island Chronicles novel. Gladys learns a disturbing fact about a child she wants to protect.
Coffee and Conversation: A Weekly Chance to Chat and Converse
- Why AM I Writing I Don’t Like?: I explore the reasons for writing a character I find repugnant.
- Like a Fork Screeching on Bone China: A wedding reception is interrupted, leaving one woman with her musings on life and love.
- Complete all homeschool paperwork/testing.
- Complete JuNoWriMo.
- Complete drafting Generations: Kifo Island Chronicles #2.
- Plot Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Plot next Trueborn Weft Series novel for July CampNaNoWriMo.
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete revisions and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”.
This week, on the blog (in order of appearance):
- #8sunday: Ten new sentences from my Kifo Island Chronicles novel, Generations, just a bit further on…
- Next week’s Second Serving!
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday.
- Ready. Set. Write!: My Week Three Update!
- Mindful Monday: We explore the teen years, and beyond, in Parenting with Intention, Part 4: On the Horizon…
- WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to planning Wednesday’s posts. This week….a snippet from Generations, the darkest novel I’ve written to date, in Airisu’s POV.
- Coffee and Conversation: I celebrate good friends, and their places in my life.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fictional, or non, depending on how and where the stream flows…
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: