So, what about this weather?!
I heard on my local news last night that our rainfall total for the previous 24 hours was greater than our rainfall total for the whole of May…
My seeds and weeds don’t watch the local weather reports, but they know we’ve gotten needed rain – the growth is explosive!
Nature has its own way of being, no matter what we humans do to manipulate it.
As for me, I’m joining a new challenge…the Ready. Set. WRITE! Summer Intensive. It’s a weekly goal-setting, mutual accounting, and cheering section.
I’m planning to participate in some of the promised fun, all summer long! My weekly goals will complement my ROW80 goals, so I’ll be essentially working on two challenges at once – I love when I can do that! =) You can find my first RSW post here.
But now, on with the reason we’re all here –
my ROW80 update!
The Big Scoop on what I was up to this week is at Second Serving Sunday.
My updated Round 2 goals, and 2015 goals.
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC #2): Complete rough draft during JuNoWriMo, aim for one scene/day average.
Scene 9/24 complete; 22,345/~60,000 words. JuNo word count: 15,552/50,000. Caught up to JuNo target;Next up: Continue on….and catch up from the three-scene personal target deficit.
- Sea Changes (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go when Generations is complete.
Reviewed/revised character sketches; set plot/pinch points for all.Next up: Create story outline by ordering scenes; flesh out all scenes with goal/ motivation/ conflict/ disaster or resolution.
- Compile 2015 Story A Day May stories with exising The IDIC Romance stories, in chronological order; create notes and explorations for future story ideas as inspired; write one sentence ideas for A-Z 2016 potential topics; write wrapup post and create blog page for IDIC stories.
Letters completed: 6/26.Wrapup post and blog page in progress. Next up: continue G-Z topics; complete #StaD wrapup post and blog page.
- Plan/plot Foul Deeds Will Rise, using The Snowflake Method, in time for July CampNaNoWriMo.
Completed Premise Testing Exercises from Rock Your Plot, read and created template for one paragraph summary.Next up: Write the one paragraph summary.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” using Rock Your Revisions http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Your-Revisions-Revising-Writing-ebook/dp/B00AFB653K. and submit. Scene 6/16 in progress. Organic adaptations to general to-do list for next revision pass. Next up: Continue rereading scenes and creating detailed revision notes; create revision pass plan.
Complete all sponsor visits on time; visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Yes.
- Clean up/update blog sidebar.
Did an initial weedthrough of sidebar widgets; chose several to try.Next up: Begin sampling widgets; continue cleanup and reorganization.
- Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 2/5 days; 2/3 yard/declutter. Two more flower patches seeded; weeding. Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
- Homeschool Paperwork: Order/administer Annalise’s test by July 31; complete and submit third quarter reports for both children by June 15; submit Letters of Intent to Homeschool by July 1.
Annalise completed her Reading test. Annalise’s report complete through Music.Next up: Complete Annalise’s report and testing; complete Jeremiah’s report.
- Catch up Email. More weeding and deleting.
Under 6K messages (yeah, I know….).Next up: More. I’ve got a long way to go!
- Scan, save, and organize Arizona Photos. Nothing yet. Next up: Clear off the scanner – a small but integral step!
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Lots of time with beloveds; online interaction.Next up: More. Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 2/2 – Submitted a story, and nominated one, for StoryFest 2015. Wrote blogpost for that. Joined the Ready. Set. WRITE! Summer Intensive, and wrote an intro/goals post.Next up….some more new things. Not sure what quite yet, but something….
Continue physical activity and exercise – 5 times/week at minimum. 5/5; 2 Shortish walks; planting; weeding; home and yardtending; and t’ai chi.Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi. Attend t’ai chi onceto twice weekly.One at-home practice move per week. Attended Tuesday class,This week’s move: Cloud Hands. No at-home practice yet, this session, but it’s getting easier in class. Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better.
- Meditate/Intentions journal thrice weekly. 2/3: Meditation,2/3: Intentions Journal exploration and writing. Next up: Keep on with these.
Adding in, because I forgot to list it with my June goals…
Enjoy #onegoodcup daily. So far, so good. Soooo good!