A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
The weather is still a little – strange – but, this week, we’ve had some definite spring…a sunshower or two, with a rainbow; a nighttime thunderstorm with rolling sound and soaking rains; warm days, chill nights; fireflies and nesting birds and little sproutlets raising up their heads, unfurling from the seeds I sowed last week…
It’s also been a time of connection and introspection. My daughter and I have been taking night walks, and chatting in the wee hours, when the male human members of the family are asleep. She’s got lots she’s thinking about, right now, as she hovers on the cusp of growing up, and isn’t quite sure of her balance. She’s reaching a new level of awareness, and she can’t so easily reside in the magical thinking that’s been such a part of her childhood…
She’s unfurling, too, from seeds sown today, last week, last year, when she was a baby…
It’s miraculous and messy to watch. She’s a revelation, again and again, in this time of swift change…
And in her I see my successes and my failures, as a mother.
In her, I see hints of myself, as a coming-of-age girl who lived a very different reality.
In her, I see glimmers and whispers of the woman she will become – sooner than it seems possible, the same way she’s become almost-eleven while I was right here with her, every moment…
The hours are long, but the years are short. It’s dizzying, that she’s so grown…
And then, in a blink, she’s her smaller self again, not quite ready yet to commit to the leap across that threshold…
I see my role as being there for her in both places, neither pushing her forward nor tugging her back, attempting to be like the water to her roots- nourishing whether she’s pushing up with new growth, or resting, and gathering herself for the next surge…
Amid all of this attention to here-and-now,
some writerish things happened…
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
Last Week’s Features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Growing in a New Direction: Shifting gears, and passions, for a new month…
- We’ve Lost June: June dawned rainy and March-cool; a good time to slow down and assess my Round Two goals.
- Digging in the Dark Places: My shift to a new writing project, planting, and a bit of self-excavation, too.
- “I Want to Help”: T’Pol considers how to help a human friend in need.
- Something Needs to Change: Parenting With Intention Part One: I explore a shift in how I approach my role as a mother, from reactivity to intention…this week, the beginning of things.
- “So Sorry”:Trip wakes up and feels the need to make a sudden – and rather profane – apology…
- Looking Around Me: First Friday Photo: Visiting a memory from three springs gone…hooping style.
- Need to Know: Sometimes information is what we really need…and thereon hangs a saucy tale…
Story a Day May: The final two installments of the challenge…
- “A Watched Kettle”: T’Pol’s got a secret mission from the Vulcan High Command, and only Trip can see how ‘agitated’ it’s making her….
- Promises and Choices: An unseen witness to a private interlude contemplates its impact upon four lives.
May Focuses: Complete the Story A Day May Challenge.
- Complete all homeschool paperwork/testing.
- Complete JuNoWriMo.
- Complete drafting Generations: Kifo Island Chronicles #2.
- Plot Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Plot next Trueborn Weft Series novel for July CampNaNoWriMo.
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete revisions and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”.
This week, on the blog:
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week….a snippet from Generations….the darkest novel I’ve written to date.
- For Mindful Monday: We explore Parenting with Intention, Reassessing Paradigms.
- For Coffee and Conversation: StoryFest is coming! Come to Story A Day to read up- and- coming writers, all weekend long!
- For Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Most likely something non-fictional, because there’s been a LOT of fiction, these last two months…but then again, maybe not.
- For #8sunday: Ten new sentences from my Kifo Island Chronicles novel, Generations…
- For ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- A Kinder, Gentler Way to Parent! So much wonderful advice on peacefully parenting!
- Want Some Ambient Noise? Many options for soothing and inspirational sounds.
- Organized Chaos: Are kids just making messes, or is there more to see here?