It’s been a week of Big Growth, concealed in Small Things.
Things like night walks and long talks. Seedlings and mowing. Writing words and taking tests. Connection, and introspection.
Laughter and some tears…
The stuff of life. Lovely chaos in many disparate forms…
This update will reflect that. There’s some huge progress, in some areas, while some still haven’t budged, others are inching along, and one or two are sliding backwards down that otter run over there…
It’s possible that there’s no otter run, but that Annalise and I saw a woodchuck (groundhog, whistle pig, take your pick on the name!) in our backyard while she was taking her state-mandated standardized test.
It’s also possible that it’s nearly 6am, and I’ve been up all night (again), writing up blogposts so that I can sleep a few hours, then dive back into life…and that this is what I’m like, at the tail end of many hours awake and actively engaged…
So on with the reason we’re all here – the update!
The Big Scoop on what I’ve been up to this last week is at Second Serving Sunday.
My updated Round 2 goals, and 2015 goals.
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC #2): Complete rough draft during JuNoWriMo, aim for one scene/day average. Scene 7/24 in progress;
15,791/~60,000 words. JuNo word count: 8,898/50,000.A little behind, but weekends are busy blogging times for me, and I was home and yardtending in the lovely weather, and being with beloveds. I expect a surge in the not so distant future… Still below scene a day average target by three scenes, but gathering momentum even with busy blogging weekend and homeschool stuff. Next up: Continue on….and catch up.
- Sea Changes (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go when Generations: (KIC#2) is complete.
Completed premise testing for this novel.Next up: Review/revise character sketches; set plot/pinch points for all.
- Compile 2015 Story A Day May stories with existing The IDIC Romance stories, in chronological order; compile notes and explorations for future story ideas as inspired; write one sentence ideas for A-Z 2016 potential topics; write wrapup post and create blog page for IDIC stories. Jotted some notes for new story spark; assigned date for wrapup post and blogpage completion. Next up; continue B-Z topics; write #StaD wrapup post.
- Plan/plot Foul Deeds Will Rise using The Snowflake Method, in time for July CampNaNoWriMo.
Wrote premise. Not in love with it, but it’ll work for now…Next up: One paragraph summary.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” using Rock Your Revisions, and submit.
5/16 scenes complete.Organic adaptations to general to-do list for next revision pass. Next up: Continue rereading scenes and creating detailed revision notes; create revision pass plan.
Complete all sponsor visits on time;visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Not quite there on visits, due to busy, beloved-oriented week…Next up: more socializing later today!
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Nothing new. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 6/5 days;4/3 yard/declutter. Donated two garbage bags full of outgrown clothing! =) Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
- Homeschool Paperwork:
Order/administer Annalise’s test by July 31; complete and submit third quarter reports for both children by June 15; submit Letters of Intent to Homeschool by July 1. Annalise’s test is here. She completed her Mathematics test, and began her Reading test. Annalise’s report complete through Social Sciences. Next up: Continue Annalise’s report; complete her testing.
- Catch up Email. Started weeding and deleting. Next up: More. I’ve got a long way to go!
- Scan, save, and organize Arizona Photos. Nothing yet. Next up: Clear off the scanner – a small but integral step!
- Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Lots of time with beloveds; online interaction. Next up: More. Write-in; planning trip to see friends.
Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 3/2 -Began JuNoWriMo; used ambient sounds for my writing sprints. Watched “Little House on the Prairie” in son’s room with son and daughter.Next up….some more new things. Not sure what quite yet, but something….
Continue physical activity and exercise – 5 times/week at minimum. 6/5; Five shortish walks, and hometending; yardtending.Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi.
- Attend t’ai chi once to twice weekly. One at-home practice move per week. Skipped Tuesday class due to digestive ickiness, This week’s move: Cloud Hands. No practice yet, this session. Read and reviewed footwork. Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better.
Meditate/Intentions journal thrice weekly. 3/3: Meditation, 4/3: Intentions Journal exploration and writing.Next up: Keep on with these; increase frequency.
Adding in, because I forgot to list it with my June goals…
Enjoy #onegoodcup daily. So far, so good. Soooo good!