A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
So, it’s been a busy week, but not in a running around sense. As a matter of fact, other than Sunday’s trip out with the kids for tacos, ice cream, and pansies, the one day I did go out, Tuesday, my car started to act funny, and the Check Engine light came on…so I came home, sans t’ai chi and some alone time at Panera.
But being home doesn’t mean nothing’s happening. I did quite a lot of home and yardtending this week. I wrote stories and blog posts, including the one that makes this the week of Big Stuff. I spent lots of time connecting with the three amazing fellow humans I live with.
And some things shifted inside me, in ways I don’t yet have words for…eventually, I will, but not yet. For now, I’ll just say that I’m growing, and leave it at that…
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- No Golden Ring: When life is more turbulent than joyous, but the world wants you to celebrate…and some writing, too.
- Grateful Growth: Wherein I say thank you, and breathe a little more easily (and offer a Trekkish mini-treat!).
- “Tiny Flames”:In the aftermath of grief, in T’Pol’s quarters, Trip has a realization, and knows that the time has come.
- “She is Fierce”: T’Pol wants to go canoeing, with Trip, and against doctor’s advice, and she’s more than a little fiercely insistent.
- What Am I Hiding? At the intersection of modesty and stinginess, I learn to reveal myself for a greater purpose.
- Sticking to the Plan: Sometimes, the best plan you can come up with is to get drunk and avoid certain triggering words and people…
- Get Out Your White Hat: Trip’s been caught red – uhh – lipped, and the tempting new Vulcan on the ship has clearly gotten the wrong idea, and is not amused.
- Fierce: One very determined, and very, well, passionate,Vulcan woman, and the man who loves her enough to paddle her canoe.
- Telling Stories:Trapped in an Everglades lightning storm with a critically ill wife, Trip tries to tell her a story…
- Don’t Shave: A drabble (100 word story) that wraps up the Everglades arc…
- “Private Intercultural Research”: An old Terran book, a watched door, and a different kind of research project.
- Watching Him: In a time of mutual emotional turmoil, T’Pol observes Trip, and offers healing.
- Sticking Point: Torn by unanswerable questions, a very drunk Trip is offered acceptance and healing from an unexpected source.
May Focuses: (everything now in progress).
- Complete the Story A Day May Challenge.
- Complete revisions and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”
- Plot Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Update blog sidebar.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: This week, I discuss what baring myself in the blogosphere showed me!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week….another snippet from The IDIC Romance….
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Most likely Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction, this month, because Trip and T’Pol!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from the same story as my WIPpet Wednesday post, but probably a little further on…
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Are YOU Mindful, Or Is Your MIND Just Full? What is this mindfulness thing, does it matter, and, if so, how do we get it? No worries, Silver Threading explains it – with graphics!
- Want to live with passion and purpose? It might help to get rid of the myths. August McLaughlin shows us how!
And that’s my week, in a nutshell (or a blogpost!). How about you? Did you do anything daring or exciting this week? Challenge yourself? Finish a project that’s been nagging you? Start something new? Just relax?
Yes, I’m a little nosy. Writer thing. So, if you want to satisfy my perhaps inappropriate curiosity, drop me a line or a few in the box below!