This week, I took a plunge. Not into a swimming pool, or off the deep end, or anything like that….I took a leap of faith – in myself.
That’s right. I screwed together all my daring and bravery, such as it is, and I…
Wrote a blog post. But not just any blog post; one I’ve been putting off for months. One that scared me to write, and to share.
One I knew I needed to write, and share, for just that reason…
It was about the message. I’m the conduit through which the experiences and thoughts traveled. I have a passion for pondering and sharing what’s in my head, my heart, and my soul. The trick is to learn to do that, and be comfortable with letting it go, when it grows bigger than what I myself can contain…
– Excerpted from What Am I Hiding?
I’ve also been happily engaged with home and yardtending, decluttering, planning, writing, engaging with my beloveds, and exploring my inner terrain this session. I feel something shifting and deepening, and that’s always an exciting place to be!
How about you? Are you swelling from the inside out, burgeoning with new growth? In what ways are you blossoming? I’d love to celebrate with you!
Until then, though….on with the update!
My most recent Story a Day tales:
“Don’t Shave”: Wrapping up the coral snake arc with a drabble (100 word story).
“Private Intercultural Research”: An old Terran book, a watched door, and a different kind of research project.
- Watching Him: In a time of mutual emotional turmoil, T’Pol observes Trip, and offers healing.
- Sticking Point: Torn by unanswerable questions, a very drunk Trip Tucker is offered acceptance and healing from an unexpected source.
The Big Scoop on what I’ve been up to this week is at Second Serving Sunday!
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC#2): Continue writing a minimum of 1 scene/week; will be a back burner project till June. No new writing yet; reread the existing three scenes. Next up: Will do a scene and a half each this week and next to catch up.
- Sea Changes: (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go for JuNoWriMo.
Reread A-Z Stories for Donovan, Ava, and Karina.This goal will be approached piecemeal, for now…Next up: Reread all background material for the 3 POV characters; complete Rock Your Plot Premise Testing Exercises.
Draft 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts.
16/31 stories drafted, and almost 44,500 new words since the beginning of May. Have a brainstormed list of topics to develop for next year’s Enterprise – A-Z stories. Percolating for rest of May. Next up, drafting remaining 15 daily stories; completing note transcription/development for remaining 16 ideas.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening”, using Rock Your Revisions, and submit, Rereading scenes and notes, compiling revision planning notes:
2/16 scenes complete.Organic adaptations to general to-do list for next revision pass. Next up: Continue rereading scenes and notes; create revision pass plan.
Move “Peach Liqueur Love” through Step 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision exercises.
While rereading the relevant exercises, I discovered that I’ve only completed Step 1 for this story.(I haven’t worked on it since winter, maybe longer). Next up: Exercise #2.
Complete all sponsor visits on time; visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Still ahead; visits slowed this session.
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Updated challenges; explored some new widget ideas. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
- Beginning May 1, post for StaD each day – a story; a snippet, a story spark; or an essay on progress or process. 16/31. Next up: Continue, and develop some update posts…like for Mindful Monday.
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 6/5 days; 5/3 yard/declutter. Moderate week. Time in master bedroom, Chaos Porch, yard, living and family rooms. Flower beds and front yard.Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online andin-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Blogs and comments; a bit of Facebook; hangout time with each of my beloveds. Next up: More of this. Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 2/2 new things – bought pansies on a whim, and listened to my radio interview from March…and I wrote about it!Next up….we’ll see!
Continue physical activity and exercise – 3 times/week at minimum. 3/3: Yardtending/decluttering Wednesday- Friday.Next up: More moving; more tending;more exercise; more t’ai chi.
- Attend t’ai chi weekly. Add one at-home practice move per week. This week’s move: Cloud Hands. Car trouble – no class so far this week. Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better.
Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly. 2 /2: Meditation; 2 /2: Intentions Journal exploration.. Next up: Creating Intentions journal habit.
Click the icon to enter the blog hop and ROW away!