Do you know that feeling of forgetting something important? The way it niggles and tickles at memories, shifts your mood, makes the obstacles in life loom a little higher, and the summits feel a little less inspirational and uplifting, until, all at once, you realize what it is?
That’s me, this week.
Maybe I should have known right off, when four out of my seven #StaD stories this week had to do with babies.
Or when the ‘museum image’ prompt led me straight to a rocking chair that presented itself to me as a cradle….
Or when I realized that it’s Mother’s Day week, and I’m the mom of two healthy children- and one who died at 12 days old.
No matter what we might wish, some things are harder to live with than others. Some days, however joyous, carry an edge of raw pain that never truly fades…and that’s part of living. I’ve laughed today, and cried, and felt both nurtured and very alone…so I took my living children out for tacos and ice cream, and we bought milk and frozen pizza and cupcakes and a beefsteak tomato and pansies like my Gramma and Grandpa had when I was little…
Sometimes, you don’t get the golden ring – but you still get to ride the carousel, even if it makes you dizzy.
My four most recent Story a Day tales:
- Apples and Peanut Butter: Just a sweet little piece about pregnancy cravings and graphic novels….
- Unsettled: When reality defies logic, unsettled emotions can overrule even Vulcan discipline.
- Phoenix Time: Something very strange is happening with Trip and T’Pol…
- Something… Trip knows there’s something very wrong with T’Pol, and he searches for clues in her quarters.
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Each day in May, engage in playful StaD exploration of this world, using all or part of the day’s prompts for any stories or fragments that appear.
3 /9 done. Sunday;Monday’s and Tuesday’s percolating. Next up: I’ve decided to delete this goal -it doesn’t feel right for this story, or my mood. I want to give myself to my “official” project.
- Generations (KIC#2): Continue writing a minimum of 1 scene/week; will be a back burner project till June.
Scene 3/24 complete; 6,481/~50Kwords. Percolating scene 4. Next up: Keep going…
- Sea Changes: (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go for JuNoWriMo. This will happen piecemeal, for now…beginning with rereading all background material and stories for the POV characters.
Draft 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts.
9/31 stories drafted, and over 22,000 new words since the beginning of May, with the prompts taking me in directions I wouldn’t have gone, else; notes for 15/31 stories transcribed/revised. Created list for the undeveloped ideas breeding like tribbles; will continue to update roughly daily. This is my primary focus until the challenge is completed; focusing on transcriptions that are candidates for the current day’s prompt. Next up, drafting remaining 22 daily stories, completing note transcription/development for remaining 16 ideas, and adding to idea list.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit.
Rock Your Revisions;. Highlighting/comments complete for 16/16 scenes.Began general to-do list for next revision pass -will continue organically, from here. ‘Delete’ snippets to IDIC slush pile, tagging those destined for future stories; 4/16 scenes complete. Next up: Complete Step One of the general plan…move all ‘delete’ snippets for remaining 12 scenes.
Move “Peach Liqueur Love” through Step 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision exercises.
Reread original story, early revision notes, and first two completed exercises.Next up: Reread relevant exercises; and do Exercise #3.
Complete all sponsor visits on time; visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average.0/3 Wednesday; way more than three the rest of the week. On average, I’m ahead.Next up: cement this into habit country by targeting likelier days/times for visiting.
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Updated challenges; explored some new widget ideas. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
- Beginning May 1, post for StaD each day – a story; a snippet, a story spark; or an essay on progress or process.
All caught up, and will stay that way.Next up: Continue, and develop some new posts…like for Mindful Monday
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 5/5 days; 4/3 yard/declutter. Moderate yard/general hometending/declutter/laundry on Wednesday; mellow rest of week. Tired and emotionally tangled…and I fell on the dog. Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
- Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds;
online andin-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Blogs and comments; a bit of Facebook; hangout time with each of my beloveds, although it was a week with some friction.Next up: More of this – not all moments are ‘perfect’.
- Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 0/2 new things. Or maybe one – that I allowed my feelings to direct my activity level. Next up….we’ll see!
Continue physical activity and exercise – 3 times/week at minimum. 3/3: Yardtending/decluttering Sunday. T’ai chi and lots of walking on Tuesday.Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi. Attend t’ai chi weekly .Add one at-home practice move per week. This week’s move: Cloud Hands. Watched two videos. No actual practice. Next up: Practice. Because practice makes better. Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly. 2 /2: Meditation; t’ai chi.0 /2: Intentions Journal. Next up: Cement meditation habit; catch up with Intentions journal.