A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
I’m writing this this post from Hamilton, New Jersey, sitting at a Barnes and Noble cafe table with my dear sisterfriend Sylvia. The kids and I arrived on Thursday, and will go home Sunday evening (through the magic of print, it’s Saturday evening as I type, no matter when you read it.)
With a road trip taking up the latter half of the week, I needed some ingenuity to keep things humming along, and not be that houseguest who does nothing but her own stuff. Fortunately, I tend not to need a great deal of sleep, so, when others retired, and during pockets throughout the days, I was able to keep on track, and even pull a little ahead, with my projects. Not to mention the resurgence of creativity that comes from being with creative and beloved people I haven’t seen for a while- there’s a synergy that I only find with others who embrace that side of themselves. I’m brimming with it, and I get to carry it home and back into my everyday life….
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
Last weekend, I targeted some specific goals (
blue=done).: Reduce my distance to my CampNaNo word count goal (according to the official site count at 1pm Saturday, 17,114 words away). I’d like to add 10K for the weekend; a doable goal. Complete drafting Transitions (Finished Tuesday night). Complete setup (Cheat Sheets and Scrivener outlines) for Generations (KIC#2) which I will begin drafting later this week. (Finished Sunday evening). Post or schedule all blog posts through Monday.
And now, last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- The Well Springs Anew: As I wrap up one novel and prepare to start the next, while gearing up for a short-story marathon, new ideas and inspirations abound.
- The Nine-Ninety-Nine WAHOO Party!: I finish a novel, make my CampNaNo goal, and post my 999th post to shanjeniah’s Lovely Chaos! Yup, time to celebrate – come party with me!
Eight Sentence Sunday:
- “Coat Me in Clay”: Barry surprises Corinne – in several ways, all at once. Final snippet from my Kifo Island Chronicles novel-in-progress, Transitions.
- On April hiatus.
- You WILL Answer Me: Sometimes, expectations and reality conflict. The first lines of my new WIP, Generations: Kifo Island Chronicles #2.
- “Some Freakish Little Bird”:Iris is perched on a chair while Gladys and Howard argue about what type of treatment she deserves. A story written for Generations: Kifo Island Chronicles #2.
A-Z Challenge: Traveling my Way Through the Alphabet in April!
- A Quiet Quarry: We take an impromptu overnight detour, and I contemplate a certain quality of quiet.
- Robert is Here: We visit our favorite quirky fruit stand – and leave with more than fruit!
- San Francisco, Sequoia, and Stars: Three “S” things that have pieces of my heart (in a figurative sense, anyway…).
- Thermal Features and Tourons: The scariest thing in the park? The people who don’t respect the wild places and wild life they’ve come to see.
- Umpqua: Find out what place names and a feisty feline have in common!
- Viewpoints: What we bring to the places we go can influence what we see when we get there…
Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6. Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo.
- Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas:
Transitionsand Generations (I won’t finish this one until June, but this month I make a start).
- Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: C and C is on April hiatus. There will be an A-Z post each week, so feel free to stop by any Monday, and enjoy!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week, another snippet from Generations.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from…something. Something with a Vulcan, most likely! =D
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning April 5, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
Well, that’s it for me…it’s early Sunday morning, now, and I’m wrapping up my weekend posts, reading a book on revisions, and planning to shower and sleep soonish, so that I can enjoy these last few hours with usually distant friends…I hope your weekend was/is filled with everything you hope– and more! If you want to tell me all about it, there’s a little box down there – fill ‘er up! =D