So, I’ve got a question – what’s YOUR favorite number?
Mine happens to be three. Love love love that number (see what I did there?).
And this happens to be the nine-hundred ninety-ninth post on this blog – yup, that’s three hundred thirty-three times three!
I also completed the rough draft of Transitions, the first novel in my Kifo Island Chronicles series while at a write-in with fellow members of my National Novel Writing Month local Albany chapter…and passed my CampNaNo goal of 60,000 words with the opening of Generations, KIC Book #2. I’m still giggling over the adventures of Lizette’s rubber tree plant (you maybe had to be there!).
With all this goodness going on, there seems only one logical thing to do – so…
I’m throwing a party!!!
Now, I know some folks would get more excited about the thousandth post – but those folks probably don’t understand the magnitude of my three-love (and, anyway, the thousandth post will follow this one by a matter of hours, so those who like tidier milestones can celebrate that, if they like). And yes, finishing that first draft isn’t the same as publishing the book – but it’s hard to publish a book that doesn’t yet exist. I also know that having written over sixty thousand words in a month gives no assurances whatever about the quality of the story produced – or even that it is a story…readers can judge that for themselves, with a variety of snippets from Transitions.
- Ready for Something New?
- “Until Today?”
- “By All The Nebulae in the Galaxy”
- “That Simple”
- “Coat Me in Clay”
- “A Piece of Peace”
“So, Shan, what’s this bit about throwing a party?”
Well, I’m glad you asked! Here’s how it works:
- After you read this post (feeling free to skip the ROW80 update below if it’s not of interest to you), drop a comment and a link to one of your posts – please make it an upbeat one, because, after all, this is a party!). If you feel inclined to share a virtual beverage or snack, or an image, feel free to do that, too!
Then pop by and visit another commenter or two – because sitting in the corner is no fun! If you make it a point to visit at least one person you don’t know, you might make a new friend!
As your party host, I’ll be circulating around to everyone – if I miss you, somehow, put on a funny hat and do a silly dance – or say the words, “Vulcan” or “avocado” very softly – those always get my attention! =)
Most importantly of all, have fun! Because it’s time to celebrate! ❤
And now, that update:
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
- Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
- Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Transitions: Final Scene 24/24 complete!; 58,730/~ 55K words.
Cheat Sheets and Scrivener outline complete – PLOTTING DONE!!!Scene 1/24 in progress; 692/~50Kwords.
- Rough plot the 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts if available.
Step 1 complete; I bought and read the prompt ebook!Next up, transcribe handwritten rough notes for 30 stories; list out the ideas T’Pol’s been whispering not-so-subtly in my head, and roughly assign prompts and days to story ideas. I will focus on this once all A-Z posts are drafted.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit.
These will resume in tandem with planning the new May stories. Next up, reread Second Pass revision info from Rock Your Revisions; create to-do list for next pass.
Complete ROW80 Sponsor Post and all sponsor visits on time.
- Done and done.
Complete the A-Z Challenge with all posts on time.
- Posted/scheduled through 4/21 (R); Drafted through 4/24 (U). Next up, Draft V-Z; schedule S-Z. Only 5 posts left to draft – this will be my focus until all posts are scheduled.
Clean up/update blog sidebar.
- After a comment from an alert visitor, (thanks, Susan Scott!); I’ve finally added my April challenge badges, shuffled a couple of things, and spent a minute or two considering widgets to add. Next up, a more complete overhaul!
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering projects.
- 2/5 days. Lots of time in both kids’ rooms Sunday, with laundry and the Front Porch Fiasco added. Mellow day Monday; kids’ rooms and laundry. This goal being put on hold for the rest of the week, due to travel.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds;
online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends.
- Time with daughter, just being together; couples’ time and flirtiness with my Accomplice; Sunday and Tuesday write-ins which included many friends. Blog visiting.
Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing.
- I went back to t’ai chi class, and I’ve begun getting up earlier, to take advantage of the mellower morning hours at my house.
Continue increasing physical activity and exercise.
- 1 /2 t’ai chi (in place of regular workout.)
Resume either t’ai chi or yoga with at least one class attended.
- T’ai chi on Tuesday – I didn’t realize how much I missed it until I went back!
Attend Y or do strenuous activity twice weekly.
- 1 /2; see above.
Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly.
- 0 /2: Intentions Journal.
- 1 /2: Meditation…t’ai chi.
My next update will be posted Sunday, live from New Jersey. Till then, let’s ROW along the ROW80 Blog Hop River, or, if you’re suitably inspired, come join in! You’ve got nothing to lose, and only your goals to attain! The icon is your portal!
And now, it’s your turn! Come party with me by leaving your link below!