A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
So, what have you been up to this week? Were your plans full of Passover or Easter preparations? Writing and blogging challenges? Family and friends? Spring cleaning?
Mine had elements of all of these. My house is tidier and a little leaner after a bit of decluttering. I’m moving along with my April and yearly challenges – I’m on target to complete my first CampNaNo novel, Transitions (KIC#1); I’ve delved into the planning for Generations (KIC#2), and reread the notes I’ve made for the 31 stories I’ll add to The IDIC Romance for Story a Day May, as well as completing the current revision round for “Slow Jazz Awakening”. I’m just a little ahead with my Blogging from A-Z April Challenge, and I’m giving a bit of thought to what’s waiting in the wings for June and July.
I had a lovely Easter shopping trip with my daughter; she’s been wanting Furby batteries, modeling clay, and Sharpies, so that she can create the cast of Five Nights at Freddy‘s, which she’s been drawing for months. She and her brother spent all of Friday night, Saturday morning, and a bit of the afternoon, sculpting, with some amazing results and a lot of connection. Now we need more clay, but she had a lot of fun with her Furby, Waytoh (which means “Extra Sprinkles” in Furbish, apparently; a name that seems just right for Second Serving Sunday!).
And now, last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Round One Goal Update: Life in Revision: I take a look at my ROW80 Round One goals – the progress, and the currently-waiting – along with some impending major life changes.
- A Year of Exploration: 2015 Writing Goals EOR1 Progress: I know – really catchy name, right? This one’s my assessment, a quarter of a year in, of my 2015 writing goals.
- “A Simple Equation”: One more visit with a young half-Vulcan named Spock, as he considers Vulcan philosophy and his own future.
- I wanted to write a post this week – even have one drafted. But I needed iTunes, and it futzed while loading, and I had a lot going on, and so I didn’t get back to it, and there was therefore no C and C post this week. Eventually…
- Ready for Something New?: The very first sentence of a brand new novella-in-the-making!
- “Defiled?”: A Kifo Island Chronicles Story: Corinne and Barry have shared an illicit kiss; Terrance reacts strongly to this incident. And a love triangle is thereby born…
- Alligators and Agave: Incidents and accidents with reptilian wildlife in the Everglades, and with Grand Canyon flora…humorous, a bit scary, and absolutely true!
- Bison and Black Sand Basin, Oh My! Because alligators and spiny plants weren’t enough, how about some free-range Yellowstone buffalo, and a lug nut fail with cartoon-worthy consequences? Again, all true!
- Chicago: At this point, I’ve come to realize I’m rather mishap-prone. And yes, I really did lose my Accomplice in rush hour traffic on Lake Shore Drive!
- Diving Here and There: Because mishaps on solid ground aren’t enough for me, I don SCUBA gear and dare the currents, the river grass, and a six-foot-barracuda…
- Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6.
- Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo (roughly two novellas).
- Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Transitions and Generations.
- Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: C and C is going on April hiatus. There will be an A-Z post each Monday, so feel free to stop by and enjoy. Something had to give, and this was it…hopefully, the break will give me time to have a batch of new posts ready to bloom like May flowers, next month.
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from my Kifo Island Chronicles novellas, Transitions and Generations, throughout April.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning today, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Reluctant Kisses: One mama, two little boys, and a moment of grace.
- A Lovely Tribute: This one struck me on a deeply personal, emotional level. A worthy read; potential triggers for grief and infant death.
- Can You Find the People in These Pictures? Click this link. You’ll be happy you did. Trust me. Click it!
May your week include extra sprinkles, of whatever variety suits your fancy! =)