My overarching theme for 2015 is Exploration. I’ll be exploring various aspects of my life, learning and growing as I move toward and evaluate my goals.
Below are my quarterly themes:
April -June: Expansion
Complete the Write1 Sub1 Challenge: Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2015.
- Yes for January; February and March brought 11 new stories! Submission waylaid by vacation.
Develop Kifo Island Chronicles: Write rough sketches for 10 novellas; plot 5 novellas; draft 3 novellas.
- Character lists complete. Rough sketches: 2/10; planning list drafted. 1/5 plotted, in the early stages of drafting KIC #1: “Transitions”. In early stages of plotting 2/5 KIC#2: “Generations”.
- Moving slowly. Notes through ENT: S1E9 “Civilization”;and watched without taking notes through ENT: S1E17“Fusion”, the basis for my current WIP story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
Develop The IDIC Romance: Plot and write 31 new stories; submit revised stories through “Movements” to at least 1 fan fiction site.
- Rough sketches for all 2015 Story-a-Day entries; “SJA” in pre-sub revisions.
Blogging from A-Z: Draft 26 alphabet -themed travel posts.
- Topic list and an intro post completed.
- Rough sketches done.
Write at least 750 words daily: at 750words.com.
- Only missed three days before vacation. A lapse during and after; now using FocusWriter.
- Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change): Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Bounded by a Nutshell: Create pre-revision plan, using existing notes and Cathy Yardley‘s Rock Your Revision.
- The Stars Are Fire/Perchance to Dream: Readthroughs and pre-revision notes.
The IDIC Romance: Organize Scrivener file; revise stories through “Golden Slipper”.
- Revising compilation of first three stories.
- “Monday Morning Coffee” revised/submitted.
- 2012/2014 OctPoWriMo poems: Revise all poems; categorize by project.
Blog Maintenance: Keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits.
- More consistently through round.
Build blog queues: 5 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- On and off.
Blogging Action Plan: Review; revise; and implement.
- Brainstorming, and on hold.
Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly.
- Fairly consistently.
Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
- Some; not as much as I’d hoped.
Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 15 items per week.
- 5 a week; about a third of the round.
Blog views and followers: Increase views to 150 at least 10 times/ month; followers to 1000; WordPress followers to 333, because I like that number!
- All trending up. And thank you! =)
Complete resets/reorganizations: family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen.
- Considerable work done; most not in specified areas.
Inhabit my study: cleaning, organizing, and using the space daily, when home.
- Much progress here! I love this evolving space!
Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess.
- Fair progress, despite Laptop Interruptus.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all homeschool paperwork, including Annalise’s standardized testing, on time. Streamline where possible.
- Everything up to date.
Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris.
- Nope. Long, hard winter intervened.
Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Oregon images scanned; Arizona is up next.
ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date.
- A little slow, at times, with discord; but a win.
Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
- And a glorious time had by all!
Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 22 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- 2/22 read. 0/22 reviews complete; 1/22 drafted.
NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Sporadic on the interaction; great at write-ins; attended most weeks.
Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least 3 times/week.
- Lost track during vacation. Was meditating once a week.
TBR Stacks: Complete bedroom TBR pile.
- Read one.
Smart Change: Work through at least one goal using the methods in this book.
- Reread Chapter One; then vacation stall.
Starfleet: Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least thrice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Major win – much more than scheduled, for all of them! ❤
Paying it Forward: Complete at least six beta reads and ten promotional blog posts for other writers.
- Stalled on beta read 1; no blog posts.
Fitness and Nutrition:
Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity thrice weekly; with Wii Fit four times weekly.
- Made it to the Y most weeks; more physical activity; not so much with the Wii.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three times weekly.
Practice: Resume t’ai chi and yoga classes, either/or at least twice/month.
- Found a class schedule; that’s it.
Intuitive Eating: Read and put into practice as I continue to evolve nutritional goals that make me feel healthy and energized.
- 25% complete; lots to chew on…
- Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 30 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- 4/30. It’s a start.
Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.
- Mostly maintained, on average.