So, how’s the weather? Spring’s taking a coffee break here, or just reminding us in her capricious way that it’s still winter for another day or so… the wind is sighing, somewhere just below freezing, and the skies are fitful…
My creativity seems to be bound to the weather, in some manner. I’m feeling a bit fitful today, a little restless and as though a shift in my personal energy is imminent…but that could just be because our power went out about 20 minutes ago, and other than one quick blip, has stayed off. We’ve got some firewood, a lantern and candles, and I’ve got a good and mostly charged battery on the laptop. I’ve even got internet access through my new phone (what a world we live in!)…so I can keep working, and, so long as the daylight lasts, even do some hometending, if this outage lasts. My suspicion is that it’s weather related, and will be over in a few hours, at most.
For right now, I can work on this post (hooray for writing posts offline!), and several other projects. I’ve got 70% power on the laptop, which translates to nearly four hours of writing time with power saving settings. And I’ve got lots of planning I can do without going online…
So life goes on, at an altered tempo…
Here’s how I’m doing with my revised goals:
Blue with overstrike = completed.
Green = in progress.
Red = goal-in-waiting.
- Planning for my CampNaNo projects. Plan and plot two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas before April 1. KIC #1- “Transitions”.
Read all experimental stories, and ordered them for later reference. Minor editing and highlighting. I have almost 5K of story material to draw from.Ordering the relevant folders in progress. Character arcs completed – Step 4 /13. Next up, Goal/Motivation/Conflict for all existing scenes, the rest of the plan, then Book 2. Blogging. My A-Z Challenge Intro post is completed and scheduled! The Big Theme Reveal is Monday, March 23, so check here then!
- Hometending and lifetending.
More hometending projects; a mellow workout with Jeremiah, and some strenuous firewood toting, too. The house is even tidier…and I might even dive into the Chaos That Is Our Front Porch in the next week or two…
- Revising: Revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening”; complete and submit by March 31.
Trip’s GMCs complete. Scene Summary Template added to both. Inciting incidents and Plot Point 1 completed for both.Next up, the other 12 scene summaries.
- Review and adapt goals lists for February, March, Round One, and 2015. Assessing where I am and where I want to be, and adjust accordingly. Next up, continuing comments on Round One and 2015, and writing February/March update.
- Prepare posts for the rest of the week. Second Serving Sunday,
Coffee and Conversation,WIPpet Wednesday, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Eight Sentence Sunday, and ROW80x2. Next Monday’s C and C post finished and scheduled.Next up, WIPpet Wednesday, and this ROW80 update, both in progress.
- Continue editing/sharing photos from our Oregon trip. Edited up through our first walk on the 18, and added most to Flickr. Next up, more Flickr uploads.
- Create a queue of three Coffee and Conversation posts: one essay, and two Walks With Jo. Began topics and queues lists for development. Next up, write essay rough draft; set up first Walk With Jo post.
Sign up as a Round Two sponsor. Email sent! Confirmation received.
Things are humming along, so I’m going to add two goals this time through:
- Write a paragraph or so of notes for all 26 A-Z posts.
- Draft a Round 2 sponsor post.
You’ve reached the end of my goals, so why not pop by and visit another ROWer – or maybe several? And, whatever the season where you are, may it be a joyful one for you and yours! =)