So, after a time of chaos of many types, do you find that your vision has been shifted, and different things seem important?
I do. I’m readjusting to having my trusty Lenovo back up and running. It’s so speedy! I feel a new ease – I’d come to take this machine for granted, and now it seems fresh and wonderful. More than that – the air has shifted, and, yesterday, here in upstate New York, it was 50 degrees Fahrenheit! Snow is melting, birds are chattering, and there’s a new, soft energy whispering in…
And, as the last days of ROW80 Round One roll out, and my April, May, June, and July writing challenges get closer, I’m shifting my vision toward making things ready and getting into creative form…
I might change my goals again on Sunday. For now, though, I’m still happy with the five revised goals I set forth on Monday, and three new ones I’ve tacked on, now that I feel a sense of equilibrium reasserting itself.
Over a quarter of the way through the year, I’m still feeling like we’re at the beginning of things, with many of my objectives underway, but little finished. How about you? Are you making great forward progress, stalled, slipping backwards, or something else? Won’t you share?
As for my revised goals, here’s how I’m doing.
Blue with overstrike = completed.
Green = in progress.
Red = goal-in-waiting.
- Homeschool reports. I’d honestly rather not, but it’s the law, and the price I pay to allow us to live as we choose. So…it’s time, and those will be a primary focus, this week.
Annalise‘s report is complete;excepting attendance. Jeremiah‘s not yet begun.
- Planning for my CampNaNo projects. I’ll likely only work on this sporadically, but I have two novellas to plan and plot, and I want to make some forward progress on these. I’ve located and skimmed the appropriate files. Ideas forming.
I have one Love Is In Da Blog post still to get up, and my A-Z Challenge Intro post is partially completed. I want to do both of these, and catch up on ROW80 and other visits,this week. ROW80 visits and all #LoIsInDaBl posts are – finally, finally! – all caught up!I’ve given some thought to the A-Z post. Hometending and lifetending.I intend to do more cleaning, decluttering, and organizing, and to resume my weekly workout at the Y, this week. More of all of the hometending projects; and yes on a moderate, getting back into the swing of things, workout at the Y.
and writing:Revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and completing Terry’s story, begun in January, and still awaiting a conclusion. This story is essential character exploration for CampNaNo, so there’s great value in finishing it. Terry’s story is complete – it only needed two paragraphs.I’ve been letting “SJA” simmer. Ideas and impressions gathering; I’ll do more on this later in the week.
And now, three new things, to round out the week’s list…
- Review and adapt goals lists for February, March, Round One, and 2015. It’s been an – interesting round, bisected as it was by a vacation, followed by sickness and unforeseen computer issues. Now that I can access my goals lists, I want to assess where I am and where I want to be, and adjust accordingly.
- Prepare posts for the rest of the week. I’ve been scrambling to keep up for a few weeks. It’ll feel great to get things set up in advance of the intended posting day.
- Begin editing/sharing photos from our Oregon trip. I took over a thousand pictures, so this will take some time. But I promised folks trapped in wintry places a peek, and the images were trapped in my laptop, inaccessible. Now that I can get to them, time to begin following through on those promises.
Now you’ve reached the end of my goals, so why not pop by and visit another ROWer – or maybe several?