ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows you have a life. Goals can be changed at any time, when life or interests change. And, for me, it’s Anytime…again!
Our vacation is upon us, and, in the spirit of being with our family, and enjoying life, I’m minimizing my goals, until the end of the month, and perhaps through the first week of March.
I’ve been adding blog posts to my queue, so that I can relax and still connect and share. I’ll be online less, through the coming weeks, and I may be slow at answering comments – but I will still be here! As far as my writing goals, I’ll be focused more on some of the offline goals, during my time away. Writing, planning, and revision will feature largely, during those times when I’m free to do as I will, and have the creative impulse (historically, I to be much more in input than output mode when I travel, but who knows?).
I may not post updates for the rest of the month…or I might. Hard to say…so much depends on how things progress..but I will be back with revised end-of-round goals early in March.
How ‘bout you? Do you have faraway family you’d love to see again? A favorite or fantasy vacation locale? Goal adjustments?
The bigger picture:
February Accounting (Revised List):
blue with strikethrough.9
Goals in progress: green. 20
Goals-in-waiting: red. 8
February Update #1:
Oregon Trip: Planning and execution.
Revisions: Chameleon’s Dish; The IDIC Romance.
Several written; “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
Write rough draft “Tuesday Afternoon Tea” – next chapter/story in “Monday Morning Coffee” series.
- Reread/highlighted story/character notes.
- Began character sketch (name/role/occupation/ physical description).
February: Submit “Soft Jazz Awakening” to Ad Astra.
- Compilation Draft 1.5 completed!
- 2/19 short scenes highlighted for revision.
Kifo Island Chronicles:
Complete rough draft of Terrance’s story (for Kifo Island Chronicles).
- Copied WIP from 750words to LibreOffice file.
- Reread existing material.
- Review character backgrounds.
Submit first story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
A-Z travel posts:
Write intro post.
- Set dates through April 20 post.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
- February: Review background information.
Write at least 750 words daily:
Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 13/28 days. Missed my third day of the year. Still over 750/day, on average.
The IDIC Romance:
“Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete draft.
- Moving along.
“Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete revision passes.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- Moving ahead, trying to get all posts completed for the duration of our trip.
Build blog queues:
Write at least 1 Coffee and Conversation post.
- Tomorrow’s post set up.
- Next two weeks’ post in the idea stage.
Blogging Action Plan:
- Rough draft revision.
- Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit Facebook twice weekly.
Visit Twitter thrice weekly.
Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share 5 items a week.
- 5/5: Links shared via reblog; Second Serving Sunday; and RT.
Blog views and followers:
Continue goal; increase to 50 (at least 10 times this month).
- Feb.11: 24
- Feb.12: 51
- Feb.13: 19
- Feb.14: 31
- I think these totals are reflective of the fact that I’ve been building queues, rather than focusing on interaction.
Maintain inbox below 100 messages twice weekly.
- 1/ 2 for the week, a serious sort/purge.
Keep visits up-to-date.
- Many balls still in the air; the juggling’s getting easier….nearly ready to go!
- “Make it So!”
Write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list, and post to Amazon.
NNWM local group:
Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
- Virtual write-in via Twitter, due to inclement weather. Fun! =D
Interact at least weekly online.
Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
Read 1 book from bedroom TBR pile.
- Chosen: The Professor and the Madman.
- Taking this with me for quiet times. Probably won’t start it till we leave.
- Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
One on one time with each, at least five times each, doing something of value to us both.
- Accomplice: 6/5
- Annalise: 6/5
- Jeremiah: 4/5
- Couples’ time; vacation talk; shopping; playing with our new phones; chatting.
Fitness and Nutrition:
At the Y or a strenuous activity twice weekly.
- 3/2: Snow shoveling; firewood carrying.
Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
2/1: played ball with dog; shoveled and played in snow with Annalise.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
- My fitness and nutrition goals, detailed.
- A bit hit-or-miss this week, due to All The Things…
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.