Did you know that ROW80 is the writing challenge that knows you have a life? Or that participants can change or adapt goals anytime?
Well, for me, it’s Anytime…
With our family vacation just around the bend, it’s time to narrow my goals for the next week. I may shift frequently, through the rest of the month, because we’ll be otherwise occupied. For clarification, I’m keeping the link to my original February goals, from which the list will be drawn.
Things are moving along. I’m trying to balance the preparations with blogging – I may not have regular internet access, or the focus to use it, while we’re away – and writing projects. I’ll have to see how that balance shifts and blends, over the next few weeks…
How about you? Are you making progress on your 2015 goals? Making exciting new plans? Pulling assorted pieces and projects together?
The bigger picture:
February Accounting (Revised List):
blue with strikethrough.11
Goals in progress: green. 20
Goals-in-waiting: red. 12
February Update #3:
Oregon Trip: Planning and execution.
Revisions: Chameleon’s Dish; The IDIC Romance.
Write1Sub1: TBD; “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
Write rough draft – next chapter/story in “Monday Morning Coffee” series.
- “Tuesday Afternoon Tea” – Background complete through Character G/M/C.
February: Submit “Slow Jazz Awakening” to a fan fiction site TBD.
- Compilation (Draft 1.5) progressing; at climactic scene.
Kifo Island Chronicles:
- Complete rough draft of Terrance’s story (for Kifo Island Chronicles).
- Review character backgrounds.
Research fan fiction sites. Choose one for first submission.
Submit first story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
A-Z travel posts:
Create list of A-Z post topics.
Write intro post.
- Set dates through April 20 post.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
- February: Review background information.
Write at least 750 words daily:
Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 10/28 days. Missed one by 400 or so; but still far ahead on average.
The IDIC Romance:
“Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete draft.
- Moving along.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete revision passes.
Choose story 4/5 for 2015 revision.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- Finally caught up, and moving ahead.
Build blog queues:
Write at least 1 Coffee and Conversation post.
- Used the one I had this week.
- Idea stage for next four posts.
Write 1 “special” WIPpet.
- Posted today; next two WIPpets in drafts.
Blogging Action Plan:
- Rough draft revision.
- Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit Facebook twice weekly.
Visit Twitter thrice weekly.
Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share 5 items a week.
- 2/5: Links shared via reblog; Second Serving Sunday.
Blog views and followers:
Continue goal; increase to 50 (at least 10 times this month).
- Feb.8: 29
- Feb.9: 40
- Feb.10: 36
Maintain inbox below 100 messages twice weekly.
- Tuesday – serious sort/purge.
Keep visits up-to-date.
Make list of what needs doing. Make schedule for accomplishing list items.
- Many balls in the air; juggling a bit frenetically….progress being made.
- “Make it So!”
Write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list, and post to Amazon.
NNWM local group:
Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
- Virtual write-in via Twitter, due to inclement weather. Fun! =D
Interact at least weekly online.
Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
Read 1 book from bedroom TBR pile.
- Chosen: The Professor and the Madman.
- Taking this with me for quiet times. Probably won’t start it till we leave.
- Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
One on one time with each, at least five times each, doing something of value to us both.
- Accomplice: 5/5
- Annalise: 6/5
- Jeremiah: 4/5
- Couples’ time; vacation talk; M*A*S*H; shoveling snow from trampoline; shopping; playing with our new phones; chatting.
Paying it Forward:
Fitness and Nutrition:
At the Y or a strenuous activity twice weekly.
- Snow shoveling.
Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
2/1: played ball with dog; shoveled and played in snow with Annalise.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
- My fitness and nutrition goals, detailed.
- On target.
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.