A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
So, I kinda vanished last week. Sorry about that! It was just – well, life. I can’t get more specific than that; I really don’t know anything except that I ran out of day long before I ran out of things to do. And with vacation looming ever closer on the horizon, that’s not that likely to change for a while.
To make up for my absence; I’m offering a more streamlined Second Serving that will play catchup, and usher in February a bit late, but with sincerity.
Last week in life:
- Snow, writing, new boots, new ideas, growth, hometending, and other bits and pieces.
My last Second Serving Sunday post: The Final January 2015 Edition.
- Check here to access the previous week’s posts and news.
And now, features from the last two weeks…
- Boldly Embarking on the Star Trek Chronology Project: And so I begin a journey through the Trek canon, more or less in historical order…
- ILIC: Infinite Love in Infinite Combinations: Wherein we explore acceptance of those who don’t love like we do; but still love.
- “Can You?”: T’Pol has a plan, but Trip resists the logic of it.
- “Father?”: A young girl awakens alone in a forest – or is she still dreaming?
- Dance Lessons?: Jonathan Archer decides to ask T’Pol to dinner, only to find her in Trip’s arms, with an improbable explanation.
- “When Trip Met T’Pol” (Movie Night): T’Pol’s exploration of a human concept called love includes Harry, Sally, Trip – and contradictions that define.
Just Jot It January: A daily post on the current prompt, all month long.
- Kids: Who Owns Their Sexuality?: An exploration of what parents can control, and whether we should try.
- Of Zucchinis and Condoms: An impromptu question sparks experimentation and new learning.
- Vulcan Biology – As In Reproduction: How DO Vulcans choose their mates? A foray into the fascinating fictional reality of pon farr, the Vulcan mating imperative.
- Inter-Species Relations: A flash fiction account of T’Pol telling Trip about a life-or-death matter.
- Sex in the Big City: An adventure to the Big Apple, and into sexuality and friendship.
- Who Owns My Sexuality?: Is it me? The government? My spouse? Society? I have ideas.
Love Is In Da Blog: A month-long celebration of love; with weekly themes and daily prompts.
- Hop!: A new month-long blog hop, all about love.
- This Above All – Loving Ourselves: How can we love others, if we don’t love ourselves?
- What I Love to Do – Snow Day Edition: I love taking pictures of beloveds – like my daughter, in the snow she loves.
- Love, Service, and Paradigm Shifts, Oh My!: How looking at things differently can change everything.
- At the End of Vaara’s Rainbow: An excerpt from a novel in progress, and a character who discovers passion.
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Focusing my Vision: End of the month clarification.
- Revisionary: The last few days of the month bring changes.
- February, I See You: New month; updated goals.
- Peripheral Vision: Sometimes, what gets done isn’t what I expected to do.
- Write1 Sub1 January Update: Monthly update, with a bonus set of goals for February.
- Seeking a Peaceful Tide: My first Write On Wednesday post; T’Pol considers a future that’s grown complicated and uncertain.
- And A Treat from Gretchen Wing!
- Oregon Trip: Lots to plan and do to get ready for our upcoming vacation.
- The rest of life – blogging, hometending, family, other writing…
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: A tribute to my Accomplice, and the life we’ve lived together.
- For WIPpet Wednesday: A sweet surprise.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), a #LoIsInDaBl/SoCs combined prompt.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my January goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days;
- Love Is In Da Blog: A daily post on the current prompt, all month long.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Hilarious Wedding Cake Toppers: Just in time for Valentine’s Day.
- Beauty of a Woman Blogfest: Are you a woman? Do you know one? Celebrate the beauty of one woman, or all…come one, come all!
- Kanban Board: Something new I was introduced to in the last two weeks.
- With our vacation getting closer, most of the focus will be on getting ready to go.