Ever have one of those times when you suddenly realize that something that felt far off wasn’t, anymore – and that you have a LOT to do to get ready for it?
Ever have that happen when the event is an upcoming cross-continental vacation?
So, over the next few days, I’ll be winnowing these goals – something I’d already suspected would happen; before the month is over. It’s time, now – so that I can focus first on what I need to tend to before we go, then what I want to do, and then so that we can go enjoy time with friends and family.
The goals that step aside will return for March. =)
**Language Alert on all Lampoon clips except for the title sequence. **
The bigger picture:
blue with strikethrough. 15.5
Goals in progress: green. 28.5
Goals-in-waiting: red. 17
February Update #1:
Oregon Trip: Planning and execution.
Revisions: Chameleon’s Dish; The IDIC Romance.
Write1Sub1: TBD; “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
Write rough draft – next chapter/story in “Monday Morning Coffee” series.
- “Tuesday Afternoon Tea” – Background complete through Character G/M/C.
February: Submit “Slow Jazz Awakening” to a fan fiction site TBD.
- Compilation (Draft 1.5) progressing.
Kifo Island Chronicles:
- Complete rough draft of Terrance’s story (for Kifo Island Chronicles).
- Rewatch Season 1 of Star Trek: Enterprise; taking notes for Story -a-Day May.
- Review character backgrounds.
Research fan fiction sites. Choose one for first submission.
Submit first story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
A-Z travel posts:
Create list of A-Z post topics.
Write intro post.
- Set dates through April 13 post.
- Make notes for all.
- Rough draft 13.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
- February: Review background information.
Write at least 750 words daily:
Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 6/28 days. Missed one by 400 or so; but still far ahead on average.
- Revise all midpoints for Chameleon’s Dish (2 scenes).
The IDIC Romance:
“Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete draft.
- Moving along.
- “Vermilion Threads” – Create new compilation rough draft.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete revision passes.
“Peach Liqueur Love” Complete Deep Revision through Exercise 3.
- I reread the original story.
Choose story 4/5 for 2015 revision.
- “Answering Machine Flash”.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- I “owe” one Sunday post; doubling up this week.
Build blog queues:
Write at least 1 Coffee and Conversation post.
- Tomorrow’s is done!
Write 1 “special” WIPpet.
- Nearing completion; two more in draft form.
Blogging Action Plan:
- Rough draft revision.
- Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit Facebook twice weekly.
Visit Twitter thrice weekly.
Visit at least one weekly.
- Quick Pinterest flyby.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share 5 items a week.
6/5: Reblog; Tweet; RT; Facebook page.
Blog views and followers:
Continue goal; increase to 50 (at least 10 times this month).
- Feb.4: 59
- Feb.5: 58
- Feb.6: 40
- Feb.7: 17
Family room reset:
Clean the three toy bins
( trains; gears; misc.).
- Clean the Lego and battle game drawers.
- Clean kitchen counter to left of sink.
Rehome serving dishes.
Inhabit my study:
Clean and organize floor.
- Took a break to clean some shelves.
Clean, organize, and backup Writing Bullpen files‘; sort Leisure Time Reading file.
- Streamlining in Writing Bullpen; sorted/purged in Writing Stuff folder instead of Leisure.
Maintain inbox below 100 messages twice weekly.
- Monday; Friday (some; not all).
- Begin second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
Keep visits up-to-date.
Make list of what needs doing.
- I decided to make a list of three things for each day, until we go…
Make schedule for accomplishing list items.
- Still mostly organic, but coming together.
- Things are beginning to come together.
- “Make it So!”
Write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list, and post to Amazon.
NNWM local group:
- Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
Interact at least weekly online.
- Twice this week.
Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
- Thanks, Jeff Bridges and Conan O’Brien!
Read 1 book from bedroom TBR pile.
- Chosen: The Professor and the Madman.
- Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
One on one time with each, at least five times each, doing something of value to us both.
- Accomplice: 3/5
- Annalise: 4/5
- Jeremiah: 3/5
- Couples’ time and puttering; playing with cat; online dress shopping; talking; “Shark Tank”; “20/20”, and “Cyanide and Happiness”; vacation talk.
Paying it Forward:
Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
- Early stages of arranging a guest poster for Mid-Marchish.
Fitness and Nutrition:
- At the Y or a strenuous activity twice weekly.
Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
- Controller malfunctioned at 12 minutes. So close!
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
- With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
- Attend a t’ai chi or yoga class.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
- Develop two self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- Prepare repertoire food for myself at least weekly.
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
- My fitness and nutrition goals, detailed.
- A little off this week; distracted.
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.