So, have you ever had a list of goals – and instead found yourself doing other things?
That sums up a good bit of this session, for me. The other things in question will benefit me, and my family – but they really don’t show up in this update – they’re rather elusive and mysterious, these other things I’ve been up to. Eventually, I might share them…or not.
For now, let’s look away, and give the other things their privacy, shall we?
The bigger picture:
blue with strikethrough.11.5
Goals in progress: green. 25.5
Goals-in-waiting: red. 24
February Update #1:
Oregon Trip: Planning and execution.
Revisions: Chameleon’s Dish; The IDIC Romance.
Write1Sub1: TBD; “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
Write rough draft – next chapter/story in “Monday Morning Coffee” series.
- I’ve got a title, “Tuesday Afternoon Tea” and a rough idea to play with.
February: Submit “Slow Jazz Awakening” to a fan fiction site TBD.
- Compilation (Draft 1.5) in progress; moving along.
Kifo Island Chronicles:
- Complete rough draft of Terrance’s story (for Kifo Island Chronicles).
- Rewatch Season 1 of Star Trek: Enterprise; taking notes for Story -a-Day May.
- Review character backgrounds.
Research fan fiction sites.
- I feel like I’ve done enough research for now. More would be stalling!
Choose one for first submission.
- Aaaaannnndddd the winner is…..*cues Vulcan gong* ….Ad Astra!
Submit first story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
- Compilation draft progressing.
A-Z travel posts:
Create list of A-Z post topics.
- List complete! =D
- Write intro post.
- Make notes for all.
- Rough draft 13.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
- February: Review background information.
Write at least 750 words daily:
Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 3/28 days.
- Revise all midpoints for Chameleon’s Dish (2 scenes).
The IDIC Romance:
“Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete draft.
- Moving through the raw material.
- “Vermilion Threads” – Create new compilation rough draft.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” – Complete revision passes.
“Peach Liqueur Love” Complete Deep Revision through Exercise 3.
- I may have found a market for this story, which I plan to submit in April
- Choose story 4/5 for 2015 revision.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- I “owe” one Sunday post; it got lost in the end of month accounting.
Build blog queues:
- Write at least 1 Coffee and Conversation post.
- Write 1 “special” WIPpet.
Blogging Action Plan:
- Rough draft revision.
- Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit Facebook twice weekly.
- 3/ 2.
Visit Twitter thrice weekly.
- Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share 5 items a week.
5/5: Reblog; Tweet; RT; Facebook page .
Blog views and followers:
Continue goal; increase to 50 (at least 10 times this month).
- Feb.1: 54
- Feb.2: 66
- Feb.3: 65
Family room reset:
Clean the three toy bins (
trains; gears; misc.).
The trains are done! And being enjoyed! Mom WIN!
- Clean the Lego and battle game drawers.
- Clean kitchen counter to left of sink.
Rehome serving dishes.
- WOOT! Done!
Inhabit my study:
- Clean and organize floor.
- Clean, organize, and backup Writing Bullpen files‘; sort Leisure Time Reading file.
Maintain inbox below 100 messages twice weekly.
- Begin second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
Keep visits up-to-date.
- Make list of what needs doing.
- Make schedule for accomplishing list items.
- Things are beginning to come together.
- “Make it So!”
Write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list, and post to Amazon.
NNWM local group:
- Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
Interact at least weekly online.
- Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
Read 1 book from bedroom TBR pile.
- Chosen: The Professor and the Madman.
- Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
One on one time with each, at least five times each, doing something of value to us both.
- Accomplice: 2/5
- Annalise: 2/5
- Couples’ time and puttering; playing with cat; online dress shopping.
Paying it Forward:
Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
- Early stages of arranging a guest poster for Mid-Marchish.
Fitness and Nutrition:
- At the Y or a strenuous activity twice weekly.
- Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
- With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
- Attend a t’ai chi or yoga class.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
- Develop two self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- Prepare repertoire food for myself at least weekly.
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.