If you were to choose one word to direct the course of you life through the rest of this year, what would it be?
My 2015 theme is exploration.
I’ll expand my comfort zone by stretching past it, to make expeditions out into the world and into my soul. I will experiment and interact with the world around me, from the microcosm of my personal and family spaces, to as far into imaginary and real space as I can manage. I will play, and learn, and love, and grow, and share…
These ROW80 Round One goals, are exploratory steps along a path – part of the trail I’m blazing in this discovery quest. I’m Re-Visioning, this round, making it my purpose to see things differently, and improve them where I see a need and a means. Simple things, and more complicated ones.
It’s a month into the year now; time to see where my early explorations have led me, and what’s still awaiting me…
Won’t you come along exploring with me?
blue with strikethrough.
Goals in progress: green.
Write1Sub1:Draft at least one story and submit at least one story each month.
- Written: Two Enterprise fan fiction stories, because Trip and T’Pol made me do it.
- Submitted: “Monday Morning Coffee”; potentially the opening of a novella.
The character arcs for the three novellas selected.
- I’ve watched through “Civilization”. Notes taken.
- List of stories with brief sketches completed.
- Compilation Draft 1.5 in progress.
A-Z travel posts: Complete rough drafts of all.
- List of post topics begun.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series: Sketch notes for next volume in each series.
- Brief sketches completed.
Write 750 words daily: at 750words.com.
- I missed by 50 words one day; average was higher.
Chameleon’s Dish: Revise all plot and pinch points, prologue and epilogue (13 scenes).
- Moving forward very slowly, but the results are worth it!
The IDIC Romance: Revise stories through “Tigress T’Pol”. (3 stories).
- I combined three stories into one WIP story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
- “Monday Morning Coffee” completed.
- 1/3 new stories selected.
Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- Mostly on target, with a bobble or two.
Build blog queues: 3 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- 1/3 for each in early drafting.
Blogging Action Plan:
Review/revise plan; overhaul Lovely Chaos sidebar.
- Plan reviewed.
- Mostly; getting better.
- Again, mostly.
Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 5 items a week.
- Mostly shared 3/5.
Blog views and followers: Increase blog views to 50 at least 10 times per month;
followers to 700; WordPress followers to 222.
- 25+; 28/31 days.
- Achieved 700 followers.
- 210ish WP followers.
Complete resets/reorganizations: Complete family room reset; clean all kitchen counters; organize/remodel island;
and rehome pans and serving dishes to pantry.
- Progressing. It’s a major project.
Inhabit my study: Clean and organize floor and project table;
replace calendar and candle; use the space at least twice per week.
- Coming alone. Progress made; plans considered.
Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and backup
Desktop and Writing Bullpen files; sort Leisure Time Reading file; maintain inbox below 100 messages at least twice weekly.
- A little bit of organizing and purging.
Homeschool Administration: Complete second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
- Started Annalise’s.
Photo digitalization: Scan Arizona
and Oregon travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Sorted; Oregon done.
ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.
Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
- I’ve taken a backseat role in the orchestration, since my Accomplice is taking a leading role.
Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for 6 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- 2/6 books read; 1/6 review in drafts.
NNWM local group:
Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Great attendance; fair interaction.
Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
- Most weeks.
TBR Stacks: Read 3 books bedroom TBR pile.
- 1/3 completed.
Smart Change: Select a goal to focus on, using the methods in this book.
- Reread Chapter One.
Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least twice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Considerably more than twice, for each.
Paying it Forward: Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
- Beta read 1 /2 in progress.
Fitness and Nutrition:
at the Y or a strenuous activity at least weekly; with Wii Fit at least once weekly.
- Managed the activity; not always WiiFit.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog thrice weekly.
Practice: Resume t’ai chi or yoga classes by end of round.
- Found the class schedules.
Read and begin considering.
- 25% read.
Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 10 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.