Come ROW with us!
So, how’s the weather, one week in?
It’s pipe-freezing cold here, and that leads me to new ways of doing and seeing…many revelations and insights. A half-birthday for my best girl. Many projects, many ideas. Lots to write, not much to say…so on with it!
January Update #2:
blue with strikethrough: 14
Goals in progress: green: 24.5
Goals-in-waiting: red: 19
Revisions: Chameleon’s Dish; The IDIC Romance; and “Morning Coffee”.
Write1Sub1: Terrance’s Story (for Kifo Island Chronicles);“Morning Coffee”.
Oregon Trip: Planning and preparing.
Write rough draft of Terrance’s story (for Kifo Island Chronicles).
- Reread backstories for two related characters.
- Reread Barry’s Cheat Sheet.
Submit “Morning Coffee” to World Unknown Review.
- Reread draft.
Kifo Island Chronicles:
Sort stories into novella threads; choose three.
Complete background information for at least one, using Cathy Yardley‘s Rock Your Plot.
- 11pm Saturday.
Rewatch Season 1; taking notes and beginning story list.
- 1/31 stories.
- Several ideas percolating.
Research fan fiction sites.
- Currently reading at Warp 5 Complex.
Choose one for first submission.
- Saved Rules for W5C; skimmed.
A-Z travel posts:
Create list of A-Z post topics.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
Sketch notes for next volume in each series.
- Ideas forming for Warp volume.
Write at least 750 words daily:
Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 10/31 days.
Revise all plot points for Chameleon’s Dish (6.5 scenes).
- Completed final resolution scene.
.5/6.5 January scenes completed.
Began Midpoint scene 1/3.
The IDIC Romance:
Complete revision pass for “Tigress T’Pol” as WIPpet project.
- Revised “Whatever This Is”, and posted.
- “Extenuating Circumstances”: Rough revision and highlighting.
Combine “Breaking Protocol”, “Mystery Woman”, and “Magical Possibilities” into new rough draft.
- Combined stories – precursor to rough compilation draft.
- New, pregnant plot tribble!
Revise “Morning Coffee”.
- Reread draft materials.
Choose at least 1 more story for 2015 revision.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- One late JusJoJan post.
- Some comments answered.
Build blog queues:
Write at least 1 general queue post:
- Epiphany! I know how to get this done!
Write 1 “special” WIPpet.
- Selected snippet; created rough template.
Blogging Action Plan:
Review Blogging Action Plan; highlight for revision.
Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit at least twice weekly.
- 1 /2 – Twitter.
- 2/2 – Facebook.
Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share at least 3 items a week.
- 2/3: Facebook writer page; ROW80 group with hashtags.
Blog views and followers:
Increase blog views to 25 on a semi-regular basis (at least 10 times this month).
Family room reset:
Clean the three toy bins (trains; gears; misc.).
Clean the Lego and battle game drawers.
Clean all kitchen counters to left of sink.
- Did a bit.
Rehome pans and serving dishes to pantry.
Inhabit my study:
Clean and organize floor.
- A bit.
Replace calendar and candle.
- Both in use.
Use the space at least once per week.
- Warmer than my bedroom Wednesday night. Spent several hours.
Clean, organize, and backup Desktop and Writing Bullpen files’ sort Leisure Time Reading file.
Maintain inbox below 100 messages at least twice weekly.
- Yes. Twice this week.
Complete second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
Scan Oregon travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- Nothing new.
Submit sponsor post.
- Began drafting.
Keep visits up-to-date.
- Caught up.
Make list of what needs doing.
- Developed rough action categories.
- First steps taken.
Make schedule for accomplishing list items.
Do what can be done in January; evaluate weekly.
Read and write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list.
NNWM local group:
Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
- Attended latter part of Sunday’s write-in.
Interact at least weekly online.
Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
- About 10 minutes attending to thoughts/experimenting with mantra.
Read 1 book bedroom TBR pile.
- Weird Water and Fuzzy Logic; p 158/260.
Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
Reconnect with USS Albany group.
One on one time with each, at least twice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Workout, snuggles, and couple time.
- Lise half birthday Girls’ Day.
- Miah late-night snack and conversation while watching Friends.
- Movie w/Accomplice.
- 2 /2 for all.
Paying it Forward:
Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
- Read first scene of beta read 1 /2.
Fitness and Nutrition:
At the Y or a strenuous activity at least weekly.
- Done Tuesday.
Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
- 17 minutes, Saturday night.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
- Workout with Jeremiah.
Find out t’ai chi and yoga class schedules.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
Develop a repertoire of 4 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
- There will be a post about these tomorrow!
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.