Oh, hi! Have you been here long? It’s been a busy couple of days, and I didn’t notice you there, at first.
Here we are, already, at the first ROW80 check-in of 2015. I’ve missed this!
For me, this first two days have been a blend of writing, family, home, and self, in shifting proportions. There’s a new front door in the family room, and I’ve had time with all my beloveds, gotten acquainted with some new projects, and returned to renew my friendship with some older ones. I’m finding a pace and a rhythm, and ideas abound…
Now, it’s time for my January goals.
blue with strikethrough.
Goals in progress: green.
Write rough draft of Terrance’s story.
- Reread two stories that directly connect to Terrance’s.
Submit “Morning Coffee” to World Unknown Review.
Sort stories into novella threads; choose three.
Stories are sorted into ten novella groups.
I’ll be developing the Barry/Corinne/Terrance; Ava/Donovan/Karina; and Gladys/Howard/Iris sets this year.
Complete current viewing of Star Trek: Enterprise; rewatch Season 1; taking notes and beginning story list.
- Finished the Season 4 Vulcan arc; next up, “Daedalus.”
- First story added to Story List: “Love, Defined and Dissected”, which will fit into Season 4, between “Bound” and “Terra Prime”.
- 1/31 stories; several more ideas to develop.
The IDIC Romance:
Research fan fiction sites.
Choose one for first submission.
A-Z travel posts:
Create list of A-Z post topics.
Trueborn Warp/Weft series:
Sketch notes for next volume in each series.
- Ideas forming for next Warp volume.
Write at least 750 words daily: Use 750words.com for freewriting and to chart progress.
- 6/6 days.
Revise all plot points for Chameleon’s Dish (6.5 scenes).
- Reread scene in progress and relevant background material to reorient myself in this story.
- Began revising the scene in progress.
Complete revision pass for “Tigress T’Pol” as WIPpet project.
- Reread this week’s section; took notes for revision.
Combine “Breaking Protocol”, “Mystery Woman”, and “Magical Possibilities” into new rough draft.
- Reread existing stories; simmering before beginning revision process.
Revise “Morning Coffee”.
Choose at least 1 more story for 2015 revision.
- Added “The Venom Club”.
Maintain regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- On track, thus far.
- I’ve decided to tackle at least 5 comments neglected in the NaNo madness each week until caught up with those.
Build blog queues:
Write at least 1 general queue post; and 1 “special” WIPpet.
Blogging Action Plan:
Review Blogging Action Plan; highlight for revision.
Review Lovely Chaos Sidebar; make list of desired changes.
Visit at least twice weekly.
Visit at least one weekly.
Share posts – mine, and others’:
Share at least 3 items a week.
Blog views and followers:
Increase blog views to 25 on a semi-regular basis (at least 10 times this month).
- 5/6 days over 25 this month.
Family room reset:
Clean the three toy bins (trains; gears; misc.).
Clean the Lego and battle game drawers.
Clean all kitchen counters to left of sink.
Rehome pans and serving dishes to pantry.
Inhabit my study:
Clean and organize floor.
- A few small steps.
Replace calendar and candle.
- Next up, hanging and preparing for use.
Use the space at least once per week.
Clean, organize, and backup Desktop and Writing Bullpen files’ sort Leisure Time Reading file.
Maintain inbox below 100 messages at least twice weekly.
- Checked/sorted on Monday.
Complete second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
Scan Oregon travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
Submit sponsor post.
- Two sets of comments saved.
- Next up, creating rough drafts.
Keep visits up-to-date.
- Will have all visits made by the time this posts.
Make list of what needs doing.
Make schedule for accomplishing list items.
Do what can be done in January; evaluate weekly.
Read and write reviews for 2 books on my Writers I Know list.
NNWM local group:
Continue attending write-ins whenever possible.
Interact at least weekly online.
Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
Read 1 books bedroom TBR pile.
- Weird Water and Fuzzy Logic; p 110/260.
Make a list of goals to focus on, using the methods in this book.
Reconnect with USS Albany group.
One on one time with each, at least twice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Workout, snuggles, and couple time.
- 1 /2 for each!
Paying it Forward:
Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
- Read first scene of beta read 1 /2.
Fitness and Nutrition:
At the Y or a strenuous activity at least weekly.
- Short, moderate intensity weight/cardio workout on Tuesday.
Wii Fit at least once weekly, for 15 minutes minimum.
Walk, dance, swim, or physical play:
With children, spouse, and/or dog at least weekly.
- 3 laps on the track, and a workout, with Jeremiah.
Find out t’ai chi and yoga class schedules.
Cooking/ Food Preparation:
Develop a repertoire of 4 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
Maintain weekly nutritional quotas; adapt as needed.
- More on this Sunday; maintaining thus far.
Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.