Come ROW with us! =)
Hey, all! Have you enjoyed ringing in the new year? Ready to get back into the swing of things with familiar routines, the tried and true underpinnings of your life? Or, like me, are you taking a look at what you’ve been doing, and thinking that a change just might do you some real good?
Today is January 5, the beginning of A Round of Words in 80 Days 2015 – the writing challenge that knows you have a life. If you aren’t familiar with ROW80, you can learn more about it by clicking the icon above.
2014 was a banner writing year for me. I finished with all of my pending drafts completed, a significant increase in blog activity – which means I have many more online friends -, many ideas to develop, and, to cap off this goodness, I was honored to have two essays chosen for inclusion in an upcoming nonfiction anthology, and my short story, “A Splash of Red”, published – for pay! – in the inaugural issue of World Unknown Review.
I might have achieved some of these things without being involved in ROW80, which focuses on autonomous goal-setting, adaptability, self-defined achievement, group support, and accountability…but I don’t think I would have accomplished nearly so much. I’ve learned a tremendous amount in the three years I’ve been a part of the amazing community that Kait Nolan has built, and I expect that that trend will continue through this year and beyond.
My 2015 theme is exploration. I have a set of annual goals, which I will update at the end of each round. I’ve used these goals to create my Round One goals, a subset with the theme of Re-Visioning. I’ll use the beginning of the year to reacquaint myself with my goals, and with projects that have been set aside for a while.
I will update the Round One goals at the end of each month.
Beginning with my Wednesday update, I will be using monthly goals – a smaller subset of the Round One goals listed here. These will be updated twice weekly, on Sundays and Wednesdays.
OK, that takes care of business….shall we begin?
- Write1Sub1: Draft at least one story and submit at least one story each month.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; take notes and develop list of stories to write; update/complete background materials.
- The IDIC Romance: Choose a fan fiction site; submit the story compiled from “Breaking Protocol”, “Mystery Woman”, and “Magical Possibilities”.
- A-Z travel posts: Complete rough drafts of all.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft series: Sketch notes for next volume in each series.
- Write at least 750 words daily: at 750words.com.
- Chameleon’s Dish: Revise all plot and pinch points, prologue and epilogue (14.5 scenes).
- The IDIC Romance: Revise stories through “Tigress T’Pol”. (5 stories).
- Write1Sub1: Revise “Morning Coffee” and “Peach Liqueur Love”, using Sarah Selecky‘s Deep Revision process; choose three more short stories to revise in 2015.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits.
- Build blog queues: 3 general posts; 1 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- Blogging Action Plan: Review/revise plan; overhaul Lovely Chaos sidebar.
- Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly.
- Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 5 items a week.
- Blog views and followers: Increase blog views to 50 at least 10 times per month; followers to 700; WordPress followers to 222.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: Complete family room reset; clean all kitchen counters; organize/remodel island; and rehome pans and serving dishes to pantry.
- Inhabit my study: Clean and organize floor and project table; replace calendar and candle; use the space at least twice per week.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and backup Desktop and Writing Bullpen files’ sort Leisure Time Reading file; maintain inbox below 100 messages at least twice weekly.
- Homeschool Administration:Complete second quarter homeschool reports for both kids, due March 15.
- Photo digitalization: Scan Arizona and Oregon travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- ROW80: Submit sponsor post; keep visits up-to-date.
- Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
- Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 6 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least once a week.
- TBR Stacks: Read 3 books bedroom TBR pile.
- Smart Change: Select a goal to focus on, using the methods in this book.
- Starfleet: Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least twice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Paying it Forward: Complete at least two beta reads and promotional blog posts for other writers as requested.
Fitness and Nutrition:
- Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity at least weekly; with Wii Fit at least once weekly.
- Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three weekly.
- Practice: Resume t’ai chi or yoga classes by end of round.
- Intuitive Eating: Read and begin considering.
- Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 10 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.