Hey there! How’s this brand new year unfolding for you, so far? Are you inclined toward setting resolutions and goals, or more apt to maintain the status quo or see where life leads you?
I enjoy the challenge and focus that I find in setting goals, then striving to meet them. It gives me something to reach for, and a framework and foundation upon which to build a life of joyful intention. I haven’t always felt this way – maybe it’s a side affect of growing older, or of having a deeper direction in mind than I once had.
Or maybe I enjoy the looking back over the vista I’ve traveled, and ahead to what still awaits me…the winding path with its as-yet unknown terrain…there’s an anticipation here, at the beginning of the next phase of my personal journey…
I’ve decided to do what I did for 2014 – to have a theme for the year, and for each quarter, and to base my goals around that theme.
My overarching theme for 2015 is Exploration. I’ll be exploring various aspects of my life, learning and growing as I move toward and evaluate my goals.
Below are my quarterly themes:
April -June: Expansion
I’ll update my Annual Goals at the end of each quarter. Ready? OK, away we go!
- Complete the Write1 Sub1 Challenge: Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2015.
- Develop Kifo Island Chronicles: Write rough sketches for 10 novellas; plot 5 novellas; draft 3 novellas.
- Complete the Star Trek Chronology Project: Watch the entire canon Star Trek franchise, in chronological order – taking notes for future fan fiction development.
- Develop The IDIC Romance: Plot and write 31 new stories; submit revised stories through “Movements” to at least 1 fan fiction site.
- Blogging from A-Z: Draft 26 alphabet -themed travel posts.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan, plot, and draft one more novel in each series; as July CampNaNoWriMo and November NaNoWriMo projects.
- Write at least 750 words daily: at 750words.com.
- Chameleon’s Dish (title subject to change): Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.).
- Bounded by a Nutshell: Create pre-revision plan, using existing notes and Cathy Yardley‘s Rock Your Revision.
- The Stars Are Fire/Perchance to Dream: Readthroughs and pre-revision notes.
- The IDIC Romance: Organize Scrivener file; revise stories through “Golden Slipper”.
- Write1Sub1 Challenge: Revise 5 existing short stories using Sarah Selecky‘s Deep Revision process.
- 2012/2014 OctPoWriMo poems: Revise all poems; categorize by project.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/yom8vZ7lEnQ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
- Blog Maintenance: Keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits.
- Build blog queues: 15 general posts; and 5 each WIPpet and C and C posts.
- Blogging Action Plan: Review; revise; and implement.
- Twitter and Facebook: Visit at least twice weekly.
- Pinterest, LinkedIn, WANATribe, ect: Visit at least one weekly.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share at least 15 items per week.
- Blog views and followers: Increase views to 150 at least 10 times/ month; followers to 1000; WordPress followers to 333, because I like that number!
- Complete resets/reorganizations: family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen.
- Inhabit my study: cleaning, organizing, and using the space daily, when home.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all homeschool paperwork, including Annalise’s standardized testing, on time. Streamline where possible.
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date.
- Oregon vacation: Prepare for and take vacation trip in February.
- Kindle ebooks: Read and write reviews for the 22 books on my cloud written by writers I know.
- NNWM local group: Continue attending write-ins whenever possible; interact regularly online.
- Meditation: Experiment with guided/unguided meditation at least 3 times/week.
- TBR Stacks: Complete bedroom TBR pile.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one goal using the methods in this book.
- Starfleet: Reconnect/possibly rejoin USS Albany group.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, at least thrice per month, doing something of value to us both.
- Paying it Forward: Complete at least six beta reads and ten promotional blog posts for other writers.
Fitness and Nutrition:
- Workouts: at the Y or a strenuous activity thrice weekly; with Wii Fit four times weekly.
- Walk, dance, swim, or physical play: With children, spouse, and/or dog three times weekly.
- Practice: Resume t’ai chi and yoga classes, either/or at least twice/month.
- Intuitive Eating: Read and put into practice as I continue to evolve nutritional goals that make me feel healthy and energized.
- Cooking/ Food Preparation: Develop a repertoire of 30 self-made food options that support my nutritional goals.
- Weight: Maintain or reduce weight; continue monthly checks.