A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Yup, it’s the penultimate edition of Second Serving Sunday! Are you excited? I know I am!
I’ve got quite a lot going on, as I wrap up this year, and begin to plan for next…one novel is about to be completely drafted, and another waits in the wings for its turn…
We’ll have a mellow holiday, and there’ll probably be a slightly off-kilter feel, because my Accomplice in Mischief, who is a chef, will have two consecutive Thursdays off, so his work weeks will be Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday…and it may take me all of January to readjust! =D
Starting in January, I’ll be making more of an effort to turn this into an actual bloghop, where people may come to share the events of their weeks…so, if you’ve been debating joining in…the time has come!
What are your plans for the holidays? Are you busily lighting Hanukkah candles? Trimming the tree? Brushing up on your personal rendition of “Auld Lang Syne?” I’d love to know!
And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Last week in life:
- Resettling after our New Jersey trip, more writing, hometending, and Christmasing before the fact…
Recently at shanjeniah:
- I check my progress on things I’d been “meaning to get around to”; Trip and T‘Pol figure stuff out; and a mother hopes her son can come Back From the Wreckage.
- Many story developments, and not much sleep; and I prune my goals list.
- Crockpot French Onion Soup; Some Beautiful Steps; and this fun video…
And now, last week’s features…
- Flames of Redemption – a cover reveal from author and friend, Fallon Brown.
- A Horse’s What Did You Say?,another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance…this week, Trip and T‘Pol, figure out that there are different ways to approach the matter of language…
- No Time for Excuses, the final SoCS excerpt from my nearly-completed novel, The Earth Doth Move. Spock’s parents, Sarek of Vulcan and Amanda of Earth, contemplate the troubled state of their marriage.
- Movable and Inspiring Nest: We travel to visit friends, and inspiration comes in many forms along the way…
- Snuggling Into My Nest: Recovering from our trip, Christmasing early, and lots of writing…
My writing plan for December:
Complete kids’ first quarter homeschool reports, due December 15.
- Complete rough draft of my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move, another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – great progress this week; 1 last scene left to write!
- Complete rough draft of my “dangling” fanfiction WIP from July 2013 CampNaNo, Perchance to Dream. – 10 scenes left to write. I’ve reread the existing scenes, and will finish this one after TEDM.
Complete and post the review I promised.
- Draft a basic writing plan for 2015, with a focus for each season/round. I’ve begun the process of developing the Round 1 plan; reviewed 2014 plan and highlighted.
- At this point, everything is underway or complete, with 10 days of month to go!
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: A Redefining Disability Awareness Project 2014 Wrapup – and a Bonus Cuppa – a blog tour with Alana Terry and her new novel, Torn Asunder!
- WIPpet Wednesday: I’m sticking a “Do Not Open Until Christmas” label on this one!
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another stream-of-consciousness novel excerpt based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My twice-weekly progress on A Round of Words in 80 Days. Wednesday will be my end-of-round progress; Sunday will be my annual goals progress; and then there’ll be a week or so’s hiatus, until Round 1 2015 commences on January 5.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Victorian Street Walk with my kids….a trip to Saratoga Springs, and into the past…
- It’s time to get ready to ring out the year with surprises, lights, love, and laughter – oh, and cotton candy!
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!