A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Last week in life:
- Annalise and I celebrated a bit of unseasonably warm weather by going for a swim; I joined local NNWM folks for another NaNo Write-In; an early snowstorm, Thanksgiving; we #SparkleFriday‘d, and I wrote like a madwoman till the end of the month! BWAHAHA!
And now, on to the week’s goodies!
- I play with a new idea;Trip and T‘Pol find some equilibrium; and Spock learns new ways of connecting.
- An early party and odd scheduling collide,and I share some big news!
- Writing research led me to these lovely absinthe spoons; a cool NaNo poster; and this domino tribute video!
And now, last week’s features…
- Sometimes, You Just Need to NaKnow, Y’Know? And sometimes, life gets in the way of blog posts…this didn’t happen last week, because NaNo and taking my daughter swimming, you know? =)
- This week, we skip ahead to visit Trip and T‘Pol after they finally do what they’ve danced around for three years, in Thanksgiving Night Terror.
- In Scents and Sensibility, Ambassador Sarek’s perceptions of humanity – and a half-human boy who was once his son – are affected by scent, which was this week’s prompt.
- #SparkleFriday, With the Kids at aToy Store: I joined in on August McLaughlin‘s brilliant Black Friday acts-of-kindness extravaganza, and the kids and I played with generosity.
- Nest of Absinthe and Thistle?: My NaNo project leads to fascinating research, and swoon-worthy spoons…
- Thankful for My Wordy Nest: An imaginative, noodling, “what-iffing” post, in which I am thankful for words and living the life I love..
My writing plan for December:
- Complete kids’ first quarter homeschool reports, due December 15.
- Complete rough draft my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move, another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – 20 scenes left to write.
- Complete rough draft of my “dangling” fanfiction WIP from July 2013 CampNaNo, Perchance to Dream. – 10 scenes left to write.
- Complete and post the review I promised a fellow writer a few weeks back, so it doesn’t get lost in the NaNo madness.. I will revise as needed and post it to Amazon this Tuesday – and this time I mean it! =)
- Draft a basic writing plan for 2015, with a focus for each season/round.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: Sometimes, You Just Need to NaKnow, Y’Know? I’ll explore the cowtrails I’ve encountered while drafting my NaNo novel; and reflect on how the internet has revolutionized my writing. Oh, and I want to hear about your strange research, too! I know I said I was writing this last week, but this week NaNo is over, so….
- WIPpet Wednesday hosts another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance…this week, Trip and T‘Pol are back in the cell, and dealing with impulses that might just be bigger than us.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another NaNo-centric stream-of-consciousness novel excerpt based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My twice-weekly progress on A Round of Words in 80 Days. Hopefully, these will also be NaNo-centric!
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Learning How to detoxify from the toxic people in my life has changed everything about the way I, and my family, live. Travis Bradberry at Forbes has a concise and helpful list of tips.
- Kitt Crescendo at theinnerwildkat shares small acts of #SparkleFriday kindness.
- And this video made me laugh this week, even with the typos!
- NaNo finishes, and the after party; catching up with the rest of life (blog comments, hometending, and stuff); more writing, at a more leisurely pace (because the novels aren’t finished yet), and setting a plan for December.
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!