A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
It’s been an exciting week here. There are several loose teeth between the kids, so that lends an automatic element of anticipation. I attended a NaNoWriMo Write-In on Tuesday, and I’m mulling some rather Big Deal (for me, anyway) writing news. I’ve got a little story out there in the big wide world…
And, oh…there’s this:
I participated in NaNo’s #DoubleUpDay. Since there was no way I could double my 22K word count in one day, I decided I would instead take aim at a target I’ve been flirting with for a while now…
The 10,000 word writing day.
And I did it!
I finished Saturday’s writing with 10,064 new words, and characters who are now living and breathing their own stories.
I love this writing thing!
And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Recently at shanjeniah:
- Ruth Nestvold chats with us about how glassmaking and fairy tales led to her alternate history/fantasy Island of Glass; TnT offer up a Halloween treat, complete with pickle juice; and I kick off my SoCS/ NaNoWriMo effort with Memory Swirled, the very first words of a brand-new novel. And more OctPoWriMo, too!
- At Kristen Lamb’s Blog, we take a tour of NaNo prep with…To NaNo or Not to NaNo?;The More You Know, The Less I Have To; and Write a Terrific Novel.
- For ROW80, A Busy Nest meant tadpole metamorphosis, poetry, plotting, revising, and a tooth extraction, while NaNoing My Nest brought the end of month progress update, and counting down to NaNoWriMo.
And the week’s features…
- Who, Me? Inspiring?: I’ve long aspired to inspire. I think maybe it’s working…
- “Instruction in the Proper Techniques”: T’Pol and Trip stumble over ego and hairstyles – umm, sort of…
- “Bat, Bet, Bit, Bot, But”: Another SoCS-inspired excerpt from my NaNoWriMo novel, “The Earth Doth Move”. Ambassador Sarek of Vulcan contemplates water, and remembers a small child…
- A Little Late to Nest: Travel, poetry, and make me a day late to my ROW80 update.
- A Nestful of Words: In which NaNoWriMo is well underway, the words are flowing, and the story emerging…
My writing plan for November:
- Complete a rough draft my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move, another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – the companion novel to my fantasy WIP, Blood and Breath. This is moving right along through the opening scenes, and I’m liking the way this story is evolving. The characters are giving off little glimmers, I can feel them gearing up to take this story over. I really, really love this part!
- Complete the review I promised a fellow writer a few weeks back, so it doesn’t get lost in the NaNo madness.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: “A Walk in the Museum”: My children and I visit the New York State Museum, and we join in again on Jo’s Monday Walk.
- WIPpet Wednesday will host another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance…this week, Trip considers the shift in T‘Pol ‘s behavior in “ Little Miss Not-So-Logical?”…
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another NaNo-centric stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My twice-weekly progress on A Round of Words in 80 Days. Hopefully, these will also be NaNo-centric!
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- The Indie Author Power Pack: Just in time for NaNoWriMo (OK, I’ll peek into mine NEXT month). Three writing books geared for the indie author, for one unbelievably low price!
- Sherlock Cooper? Sheldon Holmes? Identity swapping, here we go! Esther Jones at I Just Live Here takes us on an adventure with character(s).
- Spock Wallpaper Backgrounds: Because, yes, I AM this much of a
- I attended a NaNoWriMo Write-In, had a lovely workout, and have been very busy typing, typing, typing on my NaNo project. I added many, many words, and the characters are breathing and living their own lives, with me more or less cast into the role of transcriptionist, at least for now…
- There’s been hometending and yardtending, as we prepare for winter…it’s in the air, now, even when it’s warm -which is happening less frequently.
- And there’s some rather big writing news I’m keeping to myself, just for now, while I take the time to absorb and enjoy…
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!