A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
Do you think there’s something magical about the shift from summer into autumn? For me, it’s a time of inspiration that tangles with an urge to do stuff before the long hibernation that is an upstate New York winter.
I have lots of projects going, more in mind, and even more coalescing. I’m taking advantage of this energy, so I’ll keep this intro short and bouncy. Stuff’s happening, I’m inspired, and I hope you are, too! =)
Recently at shanjeniah:
- We talk about sex and “teenage rebellion”; explore the Inspiring Spaces Blog Hop; welcome autumn with an Apple Upside-Down Skillet Cake recipe; and take a peek at how unschoolers turn out. I play with fan fiction; rename myself and change my life; explore what’s funny about prejudice; writing and blogging and revising and planning things; and share this video, which I love even if you don’t! 😉
- What Spaces Inspire You?: My entry for Cate Russell-Cole’s Inspiring Spaces Blog Hop, a peek at my inspiring space in transition; my study.
- Collision Course: Trip and T’Pol get much much closer, and there’s a hand on a certain zipper…
- Snippet based on the Star Trek: Enterprise series pilot, Broken Bow, Part 1.
- Average? Well, Maybe Not! I use the prompt “Average” to compare school’s focus on averages and our not-so-average unschooled life.
A Sprinkling of Seasonings: The bits of this and that I added to the mix!
- Lemurs, Suspended Animation, and My Dad: No, I’m Not Making This Up. Originally appeared on Wing’s World.
- Getting Your Characters Help! The Character Therapist. Originally appeared at Cate Russell-Cole.
- I believe in you. Originally appeared at love HAPPY notes
- A Tangled Stretch: I move mostly sideways, with a little tangle in my life, and a huge one in my duology timelines…
- Stretching Into the Fall: New transitional energy in the air, and in my life!
My focus for September is on revising my time-travel fantasy novel, Chameleon’s Dish, set in the 1612-13 London area. I’m also drafting another WIP, Perchance to Dream, a Star Trek: TOS/ Enterprise fanfiction novel, and the second half of a duology. Since homeschool administration is finished for the next couple of months, I’ve ramped up the early stages of planning for my NaNoWriMo project, King of Infinite Space, a Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction which is the companion novel for my existing fantasy WIP, Blood and Breath, which I’m rereading and making pre-revision notes on.
- For Coffee and Conversation, Another post for Rose B. Fischer‘s Redefining Disability Awareness Challenge: We’ll take a peek at a few of my “disabled” characters, and explore why I didn’t realize I had disabled characters!
- WIPpet Wednesday will host another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance – I’ll be picking up where I left off last week, with “Fierce Impact”, the thirteenth installment of “Tigress T’Pol”. Trip‘s caught in T’Pol’s powerful clinch – so why does she seem terrified?
- And for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), I’ll be doing just what the title suggests – writing a stream-of-consciousness post on the weekly prompt.
- ROW80 Updates: Sunday and Wednesday are my days for updating my goals progress for A Round of Words in 80 Days.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
Monday Blogfest! Still time to join in!
- Ten Simple Fitness Tips That Work –These are just what they say they are – simple and effective tips courtesy of Livestrong!
- Young Entrepreneurs, School Fundraising Fiascos, & Parental PTSD – Over at Kristen Lamb’s Blog, you can reminisce about childhood businesses and school fundraising, meet Isaac and his family -and maybe help them out, too!
- Homeschool reports done, hometending, yardtending…and lots of living, writing, and blogging.
- Halloween plans, and new excitements on the horizon…stay tuned!
- Oh, and I learned how to make PicMonkey collages! =)
So, what have you been up to lately? Do you have anything exciting fall plans? I’d love to hear about it!