Hi there! I hope this finds you well and happy, indulging in things and people that delight you!
Here we are – time already to put ROW80 Round One in the record books, and ramp up for Round 2. My, that first quarter of the year went fast!
On Sunday, I will be posting my progress on my annual goals. But for today, I give you my final Round 1 update
I’d hoped to get more done, but…
Sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes unexpected things happen (and, in the odd perimenopausal place I’m in, ‘often’ can be substituted for ‘sometimes’). Sometimes, decades after puberty, I get clusters of acne. Sometimes I get them in places I never had them before…and sometimes, that’s incapacitating in the way childbirth was, or that time I fell on the hot wood stove because I didn’t want to step on the dog…
Enough said. Monday and Tuesday were days of excruciating pain, and I am happy to report that today is much, much better. I can move and sit, stand and walk, just like a regular person! Hooray! =D
I lost some time, during those two days, and so, for the rest of the month, I’ll be playing catch-up:
- Write and schedule five A to Z posts, to cover Week One.
- Write my guest post for my friend Flo Gascon‘s lovely blog, and my ROW80 Sponsor Post for Round 2.
- Queue some blog posts to cover the April creative bonanza without ignoring my followers.
- Move To Be or Not to Be to Dropbox, and reread in preparation for April CampNaNoWriMo.
- Set my intentions for Round 2.
- Indulge myself, and gear up for the creative surge of April and May.
- Continue revisions for Chameleon’s Dish, and plotting for “The IDIC Romance” stories.
My main focus areas (other than pain management) :
- Revising Chameleon’s Dish;
- Preparing for April and May’s intensive writing projects.
- Preparation for ROW80 Round 2.
Build positive blogging habits – post regularly, build queues, answer comments, and share diversely.
Answer comments regularly, across all blogs, Facebook, and Twitter. On target.
- Behind, due to pain affecting focus – oh, and happily, more comments these days!
Make at least two return visits every other day, on average. Target attained!
- I think so. A little foggy.
Maintain regular posting schedule;queue one post for each regular feature. On target, mostly.
- Coffee and Conversation: Blogging From A to Z: Big Reveal and an Announcement
- 1 / 4 posts completed.
- Plans for queuing taking shape – something to do in this last week of the month.
Explore my gestating Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction novel concept, as well as the Last House story collection concept, in the form of short pieces or flash fiction, during April and May.
Create basic plan for the Last House stories (2014 A to Z April Challenge). On target.
- This will be my major focus, until completed.
- I will begin posting stories on Tuesday, April 1.
- Hope to have 5 stories (for the first week) completed by then.
Create premises for all stories; write POV character’s GMCs . On target.
- Premise:12/26 Completed; nearing the halfway point at last!
- GMC:11/26 Completed.
Write brief character sketch for each MC. On target.
- 9/26 Completed.
Set Plot and Pinch Points for all stories. On target.
- 3/26 completed.
Write story summaries. On target.
- 1/26 completed.
- Write story Cheat Sheets. Pending.
Write character sketches/bios for both POV characters. On target.
- Completed Habits and Mannerisms.
Complete first revision passes for Chameleon’s Dish and Bounded by a Nutshell; make pre-revision notes for Blood and Breath. On target.
Complete first revision pass for Chameleon’s Dish. On target.
- In progress: 8/60
Spend at least 60 hours (2hours/day average) on this pass during March. Target exceeded!
- 3/23: 1 hour; 30 minutes.
- 3/24: 50 minutes.
- 3/25: No revising.
- Month to-date: 63 hours, 20 minutes.
- This will be a lesser focus through the remainder of the month.
- There was little that could be called hometending this session. I was in debilitating pain.
Seek out playful new ways to move and challenge my body. Uh, no – not after Sunday.
- Marching in place; yoga sun salute.
- Does “seek out ways to move my body that don’t involve excrutiating pain” count?
- No workout or walking yet – those were impossible, before today.
- Author’s Log: Apocalyptic Plot Bunnies Ahoy (&#ROW80)
- ROW80 check-In for March 23, or: The Link Love Fest (and a Question)
- ROW80 Week 11 (really 12): Uncharted
See what the other ROWers are playing with this round!
I hope the close of the round finds you in a place of joyful productivity. What are your plans for the coming days? For the new season? Will you be part of ROW80 Round 2?