What is ROW80, you ask? Why, it’s Kait Nolan‘s baby, The Writing Challenge that Knows You Have a Life!
It’s been a week since I posted an update. I weathered Elijah’s tenth birthday that wasn’t. Now it’s Elijah’s Days, July 13-25, which will culminate with the anniversary of his death, four days before my birthday.
The children and I were camping this weekend, and many things were set aside for the duration. So this week will be about catch-up and hometending.
There was a lot of social activity over the weekend, and I’m more pensive than chatty, so that’s about it for now.
So, without further ado, here’s what I’ve been up to, and what’s on tap….
Week Three Goals are in bolded blue; Week Two Options in bolded black.
- Catch up on comments.
- Return to sharing posts.
- Do long-term, blogging, and noveling reporting, and post.
Read some Pocket saves; file for later blogging fodder. Target attained!
- I’ve read and sorted several, and will likely read more in the coming days.
Weekly posts: Wed posts, Monday and/or Saturday.Target attained!
- My Saturday post appeared on what would be Elijah’s tenth birthday.
- Saturday’s Share: Celebration and Remembrance (warning: this post deals with infant death, and it’s a little raw).
Catch up on blog comment responses…I’m woefully backed up, due to intense NaNo focus. On target.
- I caught up, then fell a bit behind again, due to our camping weekend.
Possibly very abbreviated ROW80 updates. On target.
- Wednesday post done, none on Sunday.
Take pictures! Pending.
I had a minor camera issue that prevented taking any pictures at all. I am trying not to pout.
Writing (July CampNaNoWriMo) On target.
NaNo current total: 57, 138 of 100,000 words.
Continue with Perchance to Dream writing.
Continue detailed planning one scene ahead for each POV character.
Tidy up The Stars are Fire corkboard cards.
Keep updates current, and interact socially around NaNo.
Write something on current WIP each day. Target attained
- The Stars are Fire: 50,542 words.
- I reached my 50k goal for this WIP, and have set it aside.
Plot something on either/both WIPs each day. On target!
- Plotting on both WIPs, almost daily, until the weekend.
- I rough planned all connecting scenes of Perchance to Dream.
- I will follow the practice of detailing one scene ahead for each POV character.
- I began writing. WIP total: 6,686 words of 50,000.
Maintain updates and some social media contact. Target attained!
- Update in progress.
- I’ve checked in and participated in Twitter groups.
- Catch up sponsor duties.
- ELA and Mathematics for both IHIPs and fourth quarter reports.
- Check in with WANA113.
- Post to at least one NaNo forum.
Submit sponsor post. Target attained!
- Obligation met!
Do sponsor visits. Pending.
I didn’t do these for the last two check-ins. On my short list for this week’s catchup.
Do ELA stuff for kids’ IHIPs and fourth quarter reports. Pending.
- I did Annalise’s IHIP ELA section.
I continue to breathe, expand, and believe! Target attained!
Celebrate! Target attained!
- Our birthday girl was well feted!
Honor and remember.Target attained.
- Elijah is surfacing in my memory, often, this week, and was the topic of my Saturday post.
Be with friends. Target attained!
- We attended the final Unschoolers Rock the Campground in Plymouth, MA from Friday to Sunday. It was abbreviated by thunderstorm threats on both sides, because Annalise is afraid of storms and certainly did not want to weather them in a tent surrounded by huge pine trees.
Soak it all up. Target attained!
- I’m getting better at this. Less travel and campground stress, overall, than in previous years, even with a hasty retreat.
Be present. Target attained!
- I am practicing presence, and that’s helping me to take each moment as it comes to me.
Be honest. On target.
- I am focusing on stating my needs and feelings simply and honestly.
Be gentle with others.On target.
- Not perfect, but I am consciously tending to my approach to others.
Relax. On target.
- While busily engaged with writing and time-sensitive weekend plans, I am still found time for relaxation.
Be gentle with myself. On target.
- I am treating me gently.
Give myself the space to be, all week long. Target attained!
I did – more fully in some areas than in others.
May July roll sweetly on, for all of my readers!
To peek in on, and/or encourage other ROWers, click here!
- Yes, She is 9: ROW80 Update, July 8, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- A Time of Quiet: ROW80 Update, 7/10/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Delving Passion: My Writing Goals – ROW80 Round 3, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Try a Little Darkness..in 3D!: ROW80 Update, June 19, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Read a Little…Rockin’ Revelations: ROW80 Update, June 16, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- General Blogging Action Plan Update (for all blogs) (shanjeniah.com)