What is ROW80, you ask? Why, it’s Kait Nolan‘s baby, The Writing Challenge that Knows You Have a Life!
It’s been one of those sessions where it felt like I was just taking life easy, and then – whoosh! I take stock, and – wow. It doesn’t feel like I did all that, plus reading, gaming, and substantial hometending…WOW.
I think being 44 agrees with me, so far!
August will be something of a reset month. I am shifting from NaNo-level writing to a more maintenance level that will move three WIPs forward.
My focus will be on editing, blogging (including finally setting up a backlog of posts), homeschool paperwork (the most intensive month of the year for that, here.), and paying attention to the odd shyness that keeps me from sharing and offering as much as I might like, or chatting with certain folks my mind labels as “Important People”…
I hope this last day of July finds everyone happy and ready for the last full month of summer (or winter, for those of you in much more southernly places!).
Here’s an accounting of my ROW80 Goals Progress…and what will be next!
Create Jottings header. Target attained!
Not only did I create a header, it’s up on the blog! I’d love feedback; view it here!
Tweak The Unfettered Life header. On target.
I’m considering changing the logline. Letting ideas spin and whirl in my head….
- Tweak shanjeniah header.
- I lost a few photos while uploading to Flickr. Apparently, the Picmonkey saving struggles of last week resulted in some bad files.
- One post is complete and scheduled.
- 10 of 15 photos edited and uploaded for second post.
- Ongoing goal.
Continue editing for more Sayen Garen posts. Pending.
- Nothing this session.
- Ongoing goal.
Write Coffee and Conversation post for July 29 (my birthday). Target attained!
- I ended up scrapping the first writing, and doing another.
- That netted the rough post, and the makings of two more -hooray!
- Posted Monday afternoon.
- Draft 2 Coffee and Conversation posts for stacking.
- Write and post a Saturday’s Share for this week.
Begin prep lists for features “stacking”. On target.
- Beginning steps. Jotted a couple of blog ideas in a notebook, and skimmed my Coffee and Conversation file for neglected ideas in progress I can move forward.
- Create a file for potential stacking, per feature.
- Begin brainstorming ideas.
Rough draft of revised posting schedule. Pending.
- Ongoing goal.
Keep up with comments and sharing. Target attained!
I’ve been blogging more, since I finished NaNo. And sharing! =D
Answered comments a day late,but answered them all! =D
Chameleon’s Dish– Print for reread. Begin reading to my beta listeners (Annalise and Jeremiah). Take general notes, begin list of things to look at.
Bounded by a Nutshell– Print for reread.
To Be or Not to Be – Write at least 25,000 words in August.
The Stars are Fire – Write or plan one scene each week in August.
Perchance to Dream – Write or plan one scene each week in August.
Relax until August. Read some stuff. Do other things, and enjoy! Target attained!
No new fiction since I completed July CampNaNoWriMo
Three blogposts written and scheduled.
Hometending – post- NaNo, and pre-company excavation.
Continue planning as POV scenes are completed. Pending.
Resuming in August.
Interact socially around NaNo, as desired. Target attained!
Some Twitter time, at various connected hashtags.
Stopped by my cabin to offer kudos and encouragement.
Update Long -term Goals, Noveling Action Plan, and all Blogging Action Plans.
Maintain sponsor visits. Target attained!
- ROW80 Update 8 – Started a Mailing List
- ROW80 Check-in #68 The Final Cleaning
- ROW80 Check-in Baby Turtle Steps
- Rowing with Feverish Intent
- Ongoing goal.
ELA and Mathematics for both IHIPs and fourth quarter reports. On target.
Annalise’s quarterly – Writing/Spelling added.
Jeremiah’s IHIP – ELA and Library Skills added.
Add Sciences to IHIPs and Quarterlies.
Reread law for 7th grade requirements before starting Jeremiah’s IHIP. Target attained!
These vary some from the elementary level laws. Still very doable. The shift to “middle school” has me feeling a little like I’m teetering on the edge of a cliff, though…almost like those very first, very scary, reports, when he was 6!
Read, comment, and share the WANA113 blogs I saved. On target.
I have read the first round, and saved several more.
Join in on the conversation. Target attained!
I responded to a couple of comments. A beginning step toward immersion.
Share at least 1 post on the blog sharing thread. Target attained!
I got brave and just went for it! Shared my birthday post! =D
Post to 3 NaNo threads before the month ends! Target attained!
Reply to three posts, also before the month ends. Target attained!
Farewell to the paradoxical month of July – and welcome, August!
To peek in on, and/or encourage other ROWers, click here!
- Farewell to Forty-Three: ROW80 Update, July 28, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Reach Exceeds Grasp: ROW80 Update, July 21, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- It’s (not) Learn Nothing Day (here): ROW80 Update, July 24, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Yes, She is 9: ROW80 Update, July 8, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- General Blogging Action Plan Update – June 9, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)
- Of Passion and Calmness – ROW80 Update, 7/4/13 (shanjeniah.com)
- Try a Little Darkness..in 3D!: ROW80 Update, June 19, 2013 (shanjeniah.com)